System Memory Dump on Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

khandu

In the zone
Hi All

After a long time on da forum.. help me out here..

Well, my PCIE 6600GT fan has slowed down..

Now when i play high end game like Prince Of persia or battlefield.. After a few minutes.. like 3-5 .. the system hangs.. and my XP goes into memory dump.. and u know.. BLUE screen.. crash..

What can be the reason??

1) Fan ( I guess )
2) Game Settings ( although my system can affoard medium settings of game )
3) Windows ( Format )
4) Any other

How to test fan speed.. or what is other possible reasons..

Wher do i get a spare GPU fan now.. hmm.. any locations..

please help here guys.. desperate to get back to Battlefield..

CHOW!!!

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
What are the temps then??
coz the 6600GT's core burns if not properly ventilated!

Send us the temps of the CPU and GPU...

Also if u r getting BS ODs then run memtest 86 and do a memory scan for 12hrs..

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
the GPU is on 80-81 ( not gaming ).. guess its getting very hot while that.. any software to monitor that .. so that i can give detailed report..

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
^^
WOW......80 degs IDLE means it must be around 100-130 degs at full load.....I don't think the 6600GT's core can take that..even ATi cards can't!...

INstall NvTempLogger or use ATi tool...to check the temps..
Maybe that the GPU fan has gone kaput....replace it...or it'll burn to death!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Do one thing first!

Open sysdm.cpl and goto Advanced tab, click on Settings button in Startup & Recovery section. Now uncheck option Automatically Restart and select none in Write debugging information.

Now u'll be able to see the error message! :)

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
khandu said:
the GPU is on 80-81 ( not gaming ).. guess its getting very hot while that.. any software to monitor that .. so that i can give detailed report..
Is there any chance the software you're using to check temps is reporting in Farenheit and not Celcius. That would explain why your GPU temps are so high.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
My Gainward 6800's temp is 54C when Idle and goes upto 83C, Thats Happening ever since I Bought It! (2 years ago), I've even Run a 16Hour Loop of Doom 3 timedemo, no Crashes, etc..

Do You guys think I Should Invest in Cooling (Artic NV Silencer 5) ? For Overclocking It?

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
Oh yeah..

reconfirmed.. its heating.. need to get an cooler..

80 on normal and 120 on gaming.. so well.. need to get a new fan or an cooling solution..

anandk

Distinguished Member
do as vishal gupta has suggesed, then download The Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) Primer from
*www.sun.com/desktop/products/sunpci/bsod.pdf
it opens as a pdf file in ur browser. click on 'save a copy' to save it.
check *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38732&highlight=Blue+Screen+Of+Death

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Before doing all this , i hope u have cleaned ur 6600gt of dust , the same this happened to my friend, he just blew all the dust out of the card using vaccum cleaner, and the card is working absolutely fine , dust in the fan can slow it down and the game starts crashing. try it if u haven't tried it yet , or go with a cooling solution as suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom