System full of viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzu

AJJU
My uncle's office computer is infected with number of viruses such as khatra.exe , xplorer.exe etc..
i find many other process such as hole.exe , txt.exe and etc..
iam unable to install any anti virus as the virus is blocking the software and iam unable to boot into safe mode too,, .. I recently booted in to safe mood after restoring safe mode keys (by sdfix) but still iam unable to install any antivirus in safe mode (as virus process are also running in safe mode ) , And unable install hijack this too .. Plz help ahh .Also SDfix is also useless :( .. Plz Help

Last edited:

ravijain33

Right off the assembly line
Download, install and update Quick Heal Total security In a Other PC.

Now Go to >Tools> Emergency CD>Next> create emergency cd.

Boot your Infected machine with the help of this emergency cd. This shall cleane all virus. After clinging you can install Quick heal.

Enjoy virus Free computing.

Ravi

mayurms

Tell him to get a genuine anti virus or system security software. Genuine anti virus always works because they send daily updates. I use Quick Heal total security and i never get any virus problems. I never had to format my PC. So i would recommend you to get a good anti virus. They are cheap anyways, not that expensive.

OP
azzu

azzu

AJJU
Tell him to get a genuine anti virus or system security software. Genuine anti virus always works because they send daily updates. I use Quick Heal total security and i never get any virus problems. I never had to format my PC. So i would recommend you to get a good anti virus. They are cheap anyways, not that expensive.
yes my friend ill give your valuable suggetion to my friend but before i think i should find a way to remove the existing viruses from his system

ravijain thx for your suggetion but problem is i dont have a working Cd rom on my system and doing the same on other system is hell of task (as my of my friends system are not available) so any other suggestions ?
still ill try the quick heal thing

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Sounds like you want to recover some of the files on your system otherwise I don't undestand why you don't want to just nuke your install and just reinstall everything.

Anyway this is why I keep a USB Pen drive with Linux install ready. You can boot up with it if your BIOS supports it and do a fair amount of troubleshooting which involves removing some unwanted files or backing up data without getting it also infected with the same viruses or worms.

OP
azzu

azzu

AJJU
^ actually the problem is its my ucle's office system and he dont want it to be formatted (re-installing ) xp in any way whatever the consequences and also he haz another 3 systems effected with same viruses :(
and i booted from puppy linux os and deleted as many suspicious files as i could but still no result plz help :(

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
If you don't contain them they are going to spread to each and every system in the network and are going to be a 10 x bigger hassle than fixing them now as is. Why use a hoe to take out what you can with a needle.

Nonetheless if you can try these.

Goto Msconfig disable everything.
Delete all the suspicious files
Go the registry keys like RUN and then remove all pointers towards the suspicious files.
As far as clearing virii I've never had a system that much infected so not sure what to do with the situation you are in.
hole.exe is what they call a Parved Worm. Maybe this link might help *www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2003-010721-3428-99&tabid=3

OP
azzu

azzu

AJJU
^ oh yes Msconfig is also not accessible
actually they have only three sys in their off (he'z a govt professional)
and about spreading yez he has set many comp with that damn viruses
i came across the Software Autoit
how reliable is it ?

OP
azzu

azzu

AJJU
^ nope he has its a IBM with Xp oem
and other two compaq's
he has also another with win 2000
actually he'z in revenue DEPT
guys plz help

ravijain33

yes my friend ill give your valuable suggetion to my friend but before i think i should find a way to remove the existing viruses from his system

ravijain thx for your suggetion but problem is i dont have a working Cd rom on my system and doing the same on other system is hell of task (as my of my friends system are not available) so any other suggestions ?
still ill try the quick heal thing

If you do Not have CD drive …..

Run Quick Heal setup with the help Of USB Drive….
Quick Heal scan sys files etc before installation, on that stage if end task the process with the help of task Manager quick heal shall get install forcefully. After Install Run Quick Heal with press “ctrl” ( Ctrl will bypass your memory scan ). Now set Native Boot scan under scan option
Hope your problem will solve.
Ravi (Guwahati)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom