Symptoms of Fresh Fine WinXp SP2 install???

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl75

Broken In
Hi..ALL !!!
My HDD crashed due to sudden power failure..few days back..unfortunately my UPS was with the vendor for repair..SO i have to install WinXP SP2 again.
Steps i followed -
1.) booted from CD of "DigiWiz MiniPE XP" ...using Partition Magic 8 to format my active partition with NTFS..(now plz dont tell i should have let winXP setup to handle that itself)
2.) ..ran winXP SP2 setup..it finished fine.

Now these are the symptoms due to which i feel that my windows have not loaded properly..
1.) If deliebratly shutdown my windows to see if the disk scan warning window(that skyblue screen @ the start of windows) comes up with the next boot...BUT "it" did NOT come up...
2.) All my other Setup's like corel/pShop/maya etc. did not start..well they do ..but given one or the other excuses to finish the job (just like a govt. babu:D )
3.) Few of my setups gave the msg. that my "installshield engine " or "IsScript.msi" is not up to date ..so i check "c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield" folder only to see that there is only \Professional\Runtime" folder...is this the Default :rolleyes: ??....i went to *www.macrovision.com/downloads/index.shtml to update my "IsScript.msi" but that did not Help to RUN my Setups of various software..

I again ran the winXP SP2 SETUP and this time let setup to format my HDD using NTFS...but again i am not able to install my softwares which was working fine prior to HDD crashing. Possiblities of my HDD developing Bad Sectors is also ruled out as i have already checked for it.

.....Thus i am CONFIRMED that my windows is not properly installed..Because All these programs(softwares) were running fine before by HDD crashed..
I WISH TO GET MY PC BACK TO STATE where IT WAS....when it was JUST WOKING F9.

PLZZZZZZ Comment !!!!!!!
Regards.....

Status
Not open for further replies.