Suse Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack// ani

In the zone
Hi all,

How many of you guys are running Suse linux? Are you completely satisfied with it? Recently Suse 10 is lauched....in 5CDs, I request Digit to put it in the December issue.

thanks

djmykey

Let the music play.....
I used SuSe but 9 tho. Its really great to use when learning. Dunno ppl say mandrake is better but neva used it.

theraven

Technomancer
moving to open source

btw suse 10 ROCKS
it has a few kinks tho ofcourse

and if u want digit to put it request it in the digitised section plz

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Great. Worked really well for me out of the box. Well this is what is needed to take linux to the masses.

praka123

left this forum longback
Installed Open SuSE from DVD; downloaded few plugins like mad,xmms-lib-mp3 etc :D
from *packman.links2linux.org/?action=index

but not yet able to play mp3s with rhythmbox searching for gstrmr-mad/mp3 rpms........... :cry:

Satissh S

Youngling
@prakash: Suse has Yum right, Do a
yum install apt-get
yum install synaptic
Configure the repositories, as to *dag.wieers.com/apt/
as they´ve got the Gstreamer pluggins. Then open synaptic and select them and install :) Hope that helped!

praka123

left this forum longback
Nandri Satissh S.actually i don want yum...dag's repo have no gstrmr-rpms for opensuse 10....

solved RB is Playing Dhoda sa Pyar hua hein.... :wink:

*www.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories#Guru

for total streaming of mp3 i installed
ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/ftp.link...gstreamer-plugins-extra-mad-0.8.11-3.i586.rpm
I noticed a gr8 sound quality with SuSE :D
before i installed mad rpm from *packman.links2linux.org/
this link also gr8 help:
*www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=355358
also for video things wanted fully,then u can get w32codecs and video players from *cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br
then other umpteen things like flash plugins,mozplugger,qt plugins,java....u can google and easily get :idea:

mehulved

yeah its thoda of course " thoda sa pyaar hua hain thoda hain baaki". Anyway coming to the topic can ne1 tell me how to install VLC in suse cos it gives me so many depedancies error?

Satissh S

Youngling
@tech: Here is where YUM stands out. Once you configure it's repositories to either rpm.livna.org or freshrpms. It checks the dependencies by itself and installs them. It'd be easy.

adi87

Journeyman
Hello.
Ths is my frst topic on the forum.
Plz cn ne 1 hlp me 2 knw 2 hw 2 instll sify BB sftwre on SuSE9.1. i hv the file (.tar) but dunno hw to use it. Also plz guide me in config. my Ip add. i hv D-link 538TX ethernet card. i m nt able 2 access internet frm SuSE.

mehulved

Is it atar or a tar.gz file.
If its only tar then u can unpack it using
tar -xvmf [package name]
and if it is a tar-gz file then use
tar -xzvf [package name]
U can refer to
for more options.

Once it is unpacked, go to the directory and just type
./configure
if it has a configure file.

If configure gives no errors then u can type
make
make install

praka123

left this forum longback
Aries said:
vignesh said:
Maybe he wated to type ghoda....:D

no, it might be "THODA"
I'm very sorry 4 my hindi.......
@adi87:
You can get checkinstall which will help u uninstall source packages like rpms or debs.....i wan2 saythat all source packages will not come with a "make uninstall" that way u feel tough to remove inidividual items if u want to.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom