Suggestions on gaming PC using existing setup

OP
M

melt

Broken In
*www.flipkart.com/kingston-hyperx-ddr3-4-gb-1-x-gb-pc-ram-khx16c9b1r-4/p/itmdnymmwagqzfnm
it should be cheaper than this locally.

Appx how much cheaper?

Also what is difference between Kingston hyper x & hyper x blu?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Appx how much cheaper?

Also what is difference between Kingston hyper x & hyper x blu?

the link i provided is the red one. both are same except the color difference.

- - - Updated - - -

it should be 2.6k.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
even with hd 7770 at 1080p med settings games will look very bad. but for a old monitor that you mentioned you have hd7770 is good

OP
M

melt

Broken In
even with hd 7770 at 1080p med settings games will look very bad. but for a old monitor that you mentioned you have hd7770 is good

Yes that's the idea basically. I want to be able to utilize the existing system for appx 2 years, even if it means lower resolution. So 720p at medium settings will also be fine with me. I will not be using the system enough to be bothered by lack of 1080p.

OP
M

melt

Broken In
then dony buy anything except hd 7770 and a 4gb ram stick and you're set

That's exactly what I'm gonna do

1. Sapphire HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 @ 7.3K
2. Kingston 4GB X 1 DDR3 1600MHz @ 2.6K
3. ANtec VP450 PSU @ 2.6K

OP
M

melt

Broken In
1. Sapphire HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
2. Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB X 1 DDR3 1600MHz
3. ANtec VP450P PSU
4. DEEP COOL XFAN80L 80MM Cooling Fan

Hey guys, I have ordered all the above parts and awaiting delivery.

Can anyone suggest a step-by-step method on how to proceed with the install/assembly of the above?

Also, is the 600VA UPS sufficient for backup? Currently the UPS holds fine in current setup. I usually switch off computer in 2-3 minutes.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Yep the 600VA UPS is fine. i use an APC 600VA.

Also, if the UPS is old, check the battery condition.

just google on PC assembly for step by step manuals..

OP
M

melt

Broken In
Hey guys, im facing a very wierd issue here.

All the items have been installed (except RAM) and PC is working fine.

Today, when i added the 4 GB RAM in empty slot, very wierd thing happened. The PC went into 'preparing automatic repair' mode, and the windows 8.1 kept on restarting in a loop. After 4-5 times looping, i heard a very loud sound from inside the PC(heart in mouth), and I immediately switched off the power supply.

I opened the cabinet, removed the 4 GB RAM, and restarted the PC. Everything is working normal.

Can you suggest what might be the issue and how to properly carry out the RAM installation.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Remove the existing 2GB Ram and install the new 4GB Ram on the same slot and try to run the system. It might happen that one of the Ram slots went damaged. Also clean each of ram slots with a thin brush.

OP
M

melt

Broken In
I removed the 2 GB RAM & install 4 GB RAM at it's slot. The computer on restarting got stuck at a screen with this message:

Intel(R) Management Engine BIOS Extension v6.1.0.0005
Copyright9C0 2003-10 Intel Corporation. All rights Reserved.

Then i replaced the 4 GB ram with existing 2 GB ram and all works fine. ALthough, the computer upon restarting detects reduction in memory.

Please suggest what might be the issue?
Is the RAM faulty, or is the RAM not supported?

OP
M

melt

Broken In
Ok, so the RAM has been returned and they will refund my money.

I still don't know what caused the issue, faulty RAM or non-compatibility of RAM.

Anyways, I will appreciate if all you good folks can suggest another RAM for me to purchase.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Ok, so the RAM has been returned and they will refund my money.

I still don't know what caused the issue, faulty RAM or non-compatibility of RAM.

Anyways, I will appreciate if all you good folks can suggest another RAM for me to purchase.

post a screenshot of memory tab of cpu z.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Can u share the link to exact model? Don't wanna go through the whole buy and send back process again. Thanks.

*www.flipkart.com/corsair-ddr3-4-gb-1-x-gb-pc-ram-cmv4gx3m1a1333c9/p/itmd2ryp2xmmqmsy.
it should be cheaper offline. you can get kingston hyperx blu at this price.

Top Bottom