Suggestions for a 35K PC Build

Simson15

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mostly for browsing internet, Video encoding, HDTV Capturing, Casual gaming (I am not a avid gamer but sometimes will like to try out some games not the most latest ones)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 35k and I can't extend the budget as I have to buy the capture card as well as UPS

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 2 TB and that too of Seagate. It has never broken my trust over the years.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Any led monitor with 19.5 inch. Resolution as per the highest it can offer.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have to start from scrap.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In a month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, for the most part I can do it myself. For the processor installation, I will refer to online video manuals

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I am from Mumbai, So taking a round to Lamington Road or buying online whichever is substantially cheeper will do.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I favor AMD because of its Value for money products and had used the Athon processors back in 2007 with no trouble. I had in mind to buy APUs and adding upto 8 GB memory instead of going with a discrete graphic card. Please do mention a suitable mobo with USB3.

As I will be buying a HD capture card, I wanted to know if the APU's power will be adequate for capturing and encoding.
I am also open to AMD FX series if that can fit into my budget

Also please let me know a fair UPS for this configuration.

Thanks

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 35k (Modified)

ProcessorAMD A8-7600 (3.8Ghz)
MotherboardMSI A88XM-E35 v26,000
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600Mhz3,200
Power SupplyAntec VP450P2,500
CabinetCooler Master Elite 3112,900
Internal StorageSeagate 2TB (ST2000DM001) 7200 RPM HDD5,900
MonitorDell E2014H 19.5" LED6,500
Keyboard/MouseLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Total35,300

OP
S

Simson15

Thanks for the nice configuration.

MSI mobo mentioned is not widely available everywhere, can you please suggest me an Asus alternative or even gigabyte for that matter if I cannot find the MSI one.

Also can you guys suggest me a nice UPS for this build.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks for the nice configuration.

MSI mobo mentioned is not widely available everywhere, can you please suggest me an Asus alternative or even gigabyte for that matter if I cannot find the MSI one.

Also can you guys suggest me a nice UPS for this build.

Asus A88XM-A -7000,
APC BX600CI-IN Back-UPS (600VA UPS) -2100.

OP
S

Simson15

Thanks again. I had the same model in mind.

Just one last doubt. Are APUs powerful enough to do the basic video capturing and encoding?

acepro71

Broken In
Thanks again. I had the same model in mind.

Just one last doubt. Are APUs powerful enough to do the basic video capturing and encoding?

amd cpu in general yes even better than intel but in that budget an apu should be fine it would not be the best but will do the job

be certain to get an after market cooler like 212 evo and higher clocked ram for sure something like 1600 mhz to get best performance out of it

also the cooler master cases have very bad air flow also bad cable management which makes things even worse so basically what i am saying is they are just as shitty as intex or other low brand cases so i suggested getting a different case trust me i have elite 310

OP
S

Simson15

amd cpu in general yes even better than intel but in that budget an apu should be fine it would not be the best but will do the job

be certain to get an after market cooler like 212 evo and higher clocked ram for sure something like 1600 mhz to get best performance out of it

also the cooler master cases have very bad air flow also bad cable management which makes things even worse so basically what i am saying is they are just as shitty as intex or other low brand cases so i suggested getting a different case trust me i have elite 310

Thanks for the suggestion. But my budget won't allow me to add an extra 2 k for PC cooler, may be in the future.

Any other recommended Cabinets with front USB 3 port, even a single port will do around the budget of less than 3k.

Also how do you deal with dust management in cabinets. I had some experience with my last system where I had to remove the cabinet cover and remove the dust every 3 months to get the optimal speed.

acepro71

Broken In
well i clean every 6 months with a dyeing brush and i only do that when i really see 10 to 20 c increase there is nothing to worry about if there is dust unless it blocs airflow for ur cooler so its not much of an issue what u can get instead is a dust filter from ebay.in or any other sited doubt people sell it here in india but a free alternative is *www.youtube.com/watch?v=SntMJjRzVgc

OP
S

Simson15

well i clean every 6 months with a dyeing brush and i only do that when i really see 10 to 20 c increase there is nothing to worry about if there is dust unless it blocs airflow for ur cooler so its not much of an issue what u can get instead is a dust filter from ebay.in or any other sited doubt people sell it here in india but a free alternative is *www.youtube.com/watch?v=SntMJjRzVgc

Yes, the YT video has a nice idea.

You can feel the substantial speed improvement after dust removal. I started doing it every 3 months with my old PC.

I have also seen the mesh one it both seems to be a good idea.

Top Bottom