Suggestion to buy phone this week Urgent !!

rickson23

The Pirate King
Guys please reply in big numbers.Need to buy Smartphone between 15k-20k
I need Following Features
Slim Profile,Good-Very good Audio quality,720p video,good battery.
preferred OS is ANDROID
how about the Galaxy R /Xperia Sola /LG optimus 2X?

setanjan123

In the zone
U cn get Xperia Ray. Overal gud fone. Optimus Sol is der wid gr8 display bt bd battery. Galaxy Ace lso der bt got a bit low rating.

Vignesh B

Youngling
+1 for HTC One. Decent reviews of it everywhere.
Also it has one of the better audio quality in this range.
Slightly offtopic, which earphones are you going to use with it?

OP
R

rickson23

The Pirate King
I would buy a new one for around 1.5k(earphones).
HTC one V is a Single Core compared to Galaxy R,i feel its very heavy...No Dual Cam..Rest should be ok...
i might consider it...

how much difference the single core(htc one v) and dual core(galaxy R) make?
I use lot of internet for browsing..watch football videos and listen to music a lot

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
how much difference the single core(htc one v) and dual core(galaxy R) make?
I use lot of internet for browsing..watch football videos and listen to music a lot

My old LG Optimus One is more than enough for those tasks... HTC One V would be pretty awesome... considering it is available for 16k Rupees only...

Samsung Galaxy series of phones... Galaxy R, Galaxy S+, Galaxy Advance... all look the same... very bland, plasticky... crappy touchwiz, still stuck on Gingerbread... nothing new in them at all...

HTC One V, on the other hand, has a metal finish, strong built quality, decent camera, good sound output, respectable processor speed... And comes with ICS, which has really boosted its performance, due to hardware acceleration and other optimizations...

Cheers!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
To put it more simply for OP
HTC One V>Samsung Galaxy

Most of Galaxy phones have not yet got the Ice cream sandwitch update yet. Also just being a dual core the overall phone is necessarily better :wink:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
LG & Samsung have became way too boring in the Android race. slow update. plain old looks. extremely crappy (looking) UI. there is nothing new from these 2.

A dual core will make a mobile futureproof but in what sense? new games will still demand more hardware and as OP doesn't want to game or do such kind of PC type activity, a a single core is more than sufficient. Also as it ships with Android 4.0, it'll surely get the next update unlike all other mobiles currently under your budget.

OP
R

rickson23

The Pirate King
Finally HTC ONE V or Samsung Galaxy S2 if budget is not a prob...
I have the Funds but dont want to waste everything on mobile which i use mostly for Moderate Videos,heavy Browsing,heavy Music and 2hr Calling Daily

noob

Cyborg Agent
Finally HTC ONE V or Samsung Galaxy S2 if budget is not a prob...
I have the Funds but dont want to waste everything on mobile which i use mostly for Moderate Videos,heavy Browsing,heavy Music and 2hr Calling Daily

if you have money better get a good hardware (dual core) phone. Check Galaxy Nexus on ebay..its selling in rage of 25K.

Tamoghno

Padawan
all samsung galaxy phone have shitty quality audio chip. only original galaxy S had a decent audio chip but even with that you'd need to install mod to get most out of it. forget about samsung if you're planning to use it as music player.

In my experience SE Neo V have best audio in that range. after all it got SE heritage

HTC one V looks good on paper. i think its the best option considering the review and also because it comes with ICS so it'll be good for few months atleast.

noob

Cyborg Agent
@Tamoghno : You are wrong buddy. Galaxy S has excellent sound quality and so is other samsung phones i have tried. The problem is not with the hardware.its with the shitty quality of bundled earphones. Try same phone using quality headphones and be amazed :)

As far as SE goes..or rather SONY, they have failed when it comes to Android. I hope they will provide faster updates like HTC. As of now if OP wants Android phone , then its HTC or Samsung and SONY provided they keep their promises in long term.

OP
R

rickson23

The Pirate King
So is S2 a worthy upgrade over HTC oneV for extra 10k?

As i mentioned slim profile,Heavy Music and Browsing,Decent Cam,Lot of Calling is what i need...

The HTC one V has only 1GB(out of 4GB) internal storage user available...When it gets filled up i guess the phone may become Damn slow?
Is it possible to install all Apps on Memory card.?
and lastly do i ve to buy beats earphones To get best of HTC???

Vignesh B

Youngling
do i ve to buy beats earphones To get best of HTC???
I don't think so. I used my creative in ear aurvana with my friend's HTC and it sounded pretty good. Though it has separate profiles for beats headphones, the ''other'' option in it is also pretty good :p
PS - I have not used a beats earphones yet.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Considering your usage scenario I would say HTC One V is more than enough for you. I would just save my 10k. Just my 2 cents though. :)
Is S2 a worthy upgrade? You just wait for the experts to reply. I just think its an overkill for you. I maybe wrong.
But having the best is what any geek will try for.

Top Bottom