Suggestion needed: MoH type game

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
I recently got a graphics card but don't have any games to play. Carbon doesn't quite cut it. So I wanted to get a sort of WWII game, something very much like Medal of Honour: Allied Assault (only with some nice graphics and preferably Widescreen capability). I tried that Company of Heroes demo but it seems to be more of strategy (with tiny units) than a FPS game.

So, any suggestions?

T

thunderbird.117

Call of duty series, brother in arms series and COH is a RTS game. Do you want only WW2 games?

VJ_Lunar

Broken In
If you want something now, I suggest Call of Duty 2 (the third game is still console exclusive) and either of the Brothers In Arms titles (though BiA is more tactical than your average WWII-FPS game).

If you're waiting for the next MOH (ie Medal of Honor: Airborne) or BiA titles (ie, Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway), you'll have to hold tight until the end of this year. Their release dates haven't been confirmed yet.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Well, if FPS war games intrest you then you can go for these...

WW-II:

Medal Of Honor
Call Of Duty
Brothers In Arms

Vietnam:
Vietcong

Alternate:
Freedom Fighters

Personally I would rate Freedom Fighters, Vietcong and BiA as my personal favourites. Look up the titles to see what intrest you, watch a few of the gameplay vids on youtube and then plonk down your moolah for the game that grabs you.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The graphics factor of COD2 is highly realistic.Provided you have an excellent graphic card you'll be able to view every detail in it's full glory.The smoke effects are simpy awesome.You can literally check out the make of the gun if viewed at higher resolutions.Though it takes a lot of toll on the best of graphic cards.Hence recomended to turn it to low if you have a medium end card.

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
Thanks guys, COD 2 it is!

I've finished up my reps for the day....techgeek and johntheultimate are remaining in my rep giving list...

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
Yep. 7900GT + 1GB Transcend RAM DDR400 + Pentium 4 3Ghz to be played on a Dell 24inch Widescreen 1920*1200 along with Logitech Z5500 speakers powered by Audigy 2 ZS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom