Suggestion for buying new android phone

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
Please suggest a good android phone among Nexus 5, S4, Htc One, LG G2 etc and other flagship phones
phone will be bought from US and budget is of no concern....

Last edited:

ashs1

Padawan
what will be your primary use ??
If you are planning to use the camera a lot, i'd suggest LG G2.
If you are planning on purchasing a phone that will have a huge developer support ( custom roms ), id say Nexus5 & S4........ btw..Nexus5>S5

Lg G2 is almost identical to Nexus5 but :
1. G2's camera is much better.
2. G2's display is gorgeous.
3. Lg is infamous for its slow updates, whereas Nexus gets the fastest updates.

nikufellow

In the zone
+1 G2, a word of caution though LG can never be trusted with updates be prepared to unlock, flash roms and mess around if you want to be on the latest android version

OP
G

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
guys what about HTC One when compared to G2 and Nexus 5? also since the phone is being bought from US, warranty can be availed in India? Nexus 5 can be rooted without voiding warranty?

ankush28

Bazinga
LG G2...or Nexus 5

no phone can be rooted without voiding warrenty(oh please now dont talk about oppo N1:p )

when you want to claim warrrnty flash stock image(obviously stock locked bootloader too), go to service centre and behave as noob.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Since you would be buying from USA, I would suggest either the Nexus 5 or the Note 3. LG G2 probably won't get any updates so go for it only if you are okay with flashing custom ROMs.

Darth Vader

In the zone
what will be your primary use ??
If you are planning to use the camera a lot, i'd suggest LG G2.
If you are planning on purchasing a phone that will have a huge developer support ( custom roms ), id say Nexus5 & S4........ btw..Nexus5>S5

Lg G2 is almost identical to Nexus5 but :
1. G2's camera is much better.
2. G2's display is gorgeous.
3. Lg is infamous for its slow updates, whereas Nexus gets the fastest updates.
4. LG comes with Wolfson DAC so audio is much much better
5. You also get a High quality Earphones
6. Better Battery compare to Nexus 5

ankush28

Bazinga
battery of N5 is more then enough...
Dont forget the price tag its about 10K less in that grab one powerbank(2k), one high end earphone(2-3k)

Except camera there is nothing much better in G2 better go with Nexus 5 best VFM
N5 will get more support from devs for anything then G2.
N5 will get next 2-3 Android version updates.

Darth Vader

In the zone
^

LG G2 does not have Wolfson DAC but Qualcomm Integrated DAC. Audio quality is above average on both G2 and Nexus 5.

LG G2 has the Snapdragon 800 SOC , yet it also has the wolfson DAC (Wolfson WM5110)

battery of N5 is more then enough...
Dont forget the price tag its about 10K less in that grab one powerbank(2k), one high end earphone(2-3k)
Yea.......Everything in N5 is more than enough for the so called Android Geeks.
IF Samsung or Sony released a Snapdragon 800 phone with 2300 mAH.......:wah::D

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
LG G2...or Nexus 5

no phone can be rooted without voiding warrenty(oh please now dont talk about oppo N1:p )

when you want to claim warrrnty flash stock image(obviously stock locked bootloader too), go to service centre and behave as noob.

WRONG.. MOST phones can be rooted without voiding warranty.. Its unlocking bootloader that voids your warranty

ankush28

Bazinga
WRONG.. MOST phones can be rooted without voiding warranty.. Its unlocking bootloader that voids your warranty

And How will you root without unlocking bootloader huh? :rolleyes:
So according to you most samsung phones dont have any warrenty, because my SGY has unlocked bootloader out of the box.:evil:

As OP is buying from US...warranty does not matter, does it?

UPDATE: LG G2 features kinda Digital switch, once you unlock bootloader it triggers after that even if you relock bootloader lg can find out that you have unlocked bootloader and this "switch" is veru difficult to revert(as of now). These feature comes with many phones however service centre guys will check this is a big question :lol:
But yes if you have SuperUser and BusyBox installed(obviously both are must in rooting) then they wont provide any support even without checking your bootloaders condition.

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Sorry for being rude but I don't think you can be an Android geek if u think rooting requires an unlocked bootloader.

@takemein

LG G2 has Qualcomm WCD9320 DAC not Wolfson.

Officially confirmed by LG :)

*www.anandtech.com/show/7205/hands-on-with-the-lg-g2-lgs-latest-flagship

*www.whathifi.com/news/lg-confirms-details-of-hi-res-audio-playback-on-g2-phone

Last edited:
For rooting a phone, unlocking the bootloader is not mandatory...... I rooted my friend's Sony live with Walkman without unlocking bootloader, some custom ROMs support locked bootloader too, but since there were just few ROMs, so I finally unlocked it.......
Coming to main topic, G2 is a great phone for its price.... Z1 has large bezels

vishnov

Journeyman
Go for Nexus 5 but be warned that this mobile is stated to be fragile. G2 has much sturdier build and a gorgeous display.

kaz

right here
when budget is not a problem I would suggest Note 3 any time..
LG G2 is getting kitkat in January (but Note to Note hai)
The soo called bloats of Note are very much useful and the pen is no less than Potter's wand..
International version would get you the kick*** 4K recording as well..
My elder brother has Note II for more than a year now and with 4.3 is has got some new features too though waiting to get my hands on..Not every people has time to sit and flash custom roms like me :D

And for Nexus 5:
1. Poor camera
2. Poor battery
3. Poor audio
and soo many kitkat bugs
for 28k I would have Kitkat(Nestle) for my whole life :p

P.S.- Nexus fans before you kill me I haven't used a N5 that's what I found on the web :)

kaz

right here
Actually ghouse12311 gave few options and we are adding more here ;)

And if you are planning to use it for 1-2years or more have LTE as you priority too because b'lore is getting Airtel's LTE for phones soon.. Heard long ago that G2 will support Indian basebands not much idea about others