Suggestion for an Android Phone..

ashank

Right off the assembly line
My budget is around Rs. 10-13k.
Some of my choices are Samsung Galaxy Ace, HTC Explorer & HTC Wildfire S.
Which one is better?
Any other suggestion from your side is welcome.

suh007

Broken In
My budget is around Rs. 10-13k.
Some of my choices are Samsung Galaxy Ace, HTC Explorer & HTC Wildfire S.
Which one is better?
Any other suggestion from your side is welcome.
Try this phone it's d best bang for buck
Motorola Defy
Price: Rs. 13300
Motorola Defy: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

OP
A

ashank

First of all, sorry for posting in the wrong section.

Xperia Mini has a very small display but Live with Walkman could be a good choice.

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
Even I agree on that the android is best enjoyed on bigger screen but I have read a lot of reviews where Defy+ users have mentioned that its display is not that good.

OP
A

ashank

Which android version does Live with walkman comes preloaded with?
Can it be upgraded to 2.3.6 now?
And when is the expected release of ICS for walkman?
Display of Ace is larger then that of Live with Walkman..

Is Live with Walkman easily customizable? (Custom Roms/rooting, etc):-?

sky770

Journeyman
anyone having any idea abt LG Optimus 2X's display (233ppi IPS LCD) vs Moto. Defy+'s display(265ppi TFT LCD)?

aroraanant

Explorer
anyone having any idea abt LG Optimus 2X's display (233ppi IPS LCD) vs Moto. Defy+'s display(265ppi TFT LCD)?

Have read a lot of reviews that Defy+ is not good specially in terms of brightness and all, can't say anything about LG may be someone else can tell you better but I guess it is much better than Defy+

sky770

Journeyman
Have read a lot of reviews that Defy+ is not good specially in terms of brightness and all, can't say anything about LG may be someone else can tell you better but I guess it is much better than Defy+

yep thats what I read/heard till now abt defy/defy+

Anyways thx man.. :)

OP
A

ashank

I read on gsmarena in user opinions section that someone's live with walkman's touchscreen shattered after it was dropped from only 1 ft..
Is this phone really strong?
If not then my other choice is Galaxy Ace. (Is it good?)

And what does Usb on the go support mean?

aroraanant

Explorer
Hmmm
Sometimes that can happen, it must have fallen in such a position that it may have got cracked and that can happen with any phone.The build quality of Sony LWE is good, I think there is nothing to worry about it.
Ace is just a piece of a crap, don't consider it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I read on gsmarena in user opinions section that someone's live with walkman's touchscreen shattered after it was dropped from only 1 ft..
Is this phone really strong?
If not then my other choice is Galaxy Ace. (Is it good?)

And what does Usb on the go support mean?

i have dropped my mobile (Optimus One, plain LCD) from 1-2 feet many many times (5-6 at least). usually the back cover & battery goes out flying. but screen doesn't have even a single scratch. maybe that guy was unlucky. a mobile that drops screen first will have its screen broken for sure. even if it has gorilla glass, there is every chance it'll break.

second thing is its body. in my case the body is made of rubberished plastic. so shock is absorbed by it. I have used Xperia Mini (not live with Music) and body is really hard. so even if the screen didn't hit the ground, it may crack cause of the shock.

Ace have gorilla glass covering. But i'll suggest unless you want to play drop test with you mobile all the time, go with Live With Walkman :)

Ace is just a piece of a crap, don't consider it.

@ashank, compare the internals. remember Adreno 205 is lot better than Adreno 200. Also the 800Mhz processor inside Galaxy Ace is an ancient one. Slow. So avoid Ace & Wildfire S. Both are same.

Top Bottom