Suggest Performance SMPS!!

tkin

Back to school!!
Guys, I am upgrading soon, as you might all know, now the HX620 won't cut it I guess, so I'm gonna upgrade the smps as well, I'll sell off my HX620w and get something a bit, umm... meatier, my budget is 7k(stretched to the very limit, have to sell my organs after this), so suggest some.

Now Corsair TX750w V2 catches my eyes, fully sleeved cables(yay), lots of connectors, will probably handle upto GTX570 sli, the non modular cables are a bit mess but here's my question, I will be buying the HAF 912 advanced cabby, can I tuck all those wires behind the mobo tray(hello? Any haf users here? or cm 690 or similar?) So comment on guys, modular is nice but I will probably use most connectors anyway(2 gpus, 3 hdds, 3 odds, half dozen fans).

sam9s, calling out to sam9s, can you show us a pic of your cable management with TX750w? Or anyone? Hello? Anyone home?

First one to reply gets a nice lol image.

And thanks guys.

Bump, this forum dying or what?

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
What you going to upgrade to that the PSU will not cut the ice.
Don't get me wrong, HX620 will handle the load, the issue is that I have the older revision HX620 and it does not have the new spec pcie cables, the old pcie cables had one 6+2 connector per cable(total 2 cables), so can only hook up one gfx card(2x pcie port), the new spec pcie cables for HX620 have two connectors per cable, so can go multi gpu with those(2x2=4 pcie connectors), now I mailed corsair and they told me that they had sent me two new cables, that's almost 20 days ago, so not sure if those will even reach me here, they used normal mail, so no tracking either.

If those cables do not reach me I'll change the psu, can't risk running gfx card with molex connectors.

Will try to mail them once again but as they had dispatched my order doubt they will send more.

ssengupta

Broken In
Get a SeaSonic SS-850AT 850W 80+ Silver Certified Power Supply for 6.6K @ TheITWares. It will be probably cheaper here at Tirupati.

Last edited:
J

Joker

Seasonic ss-650at, ss-750at and ss-850at are rebranded by Corsair as tx650 v2, tx750 v2 and tx850 v2 respectively.

ss-850at @ 6.8k incl shipping @ theITwares is a good deal. ;)

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Itwares take them from tirupari, tirupati hq is in kolkata, let me contact them first, i bet they can give better deals.

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
Itwares take them from tirupari, tirupati hq is in kolkata, let me contact them first, i bet they can give better deals.

please also ask them: Who will service the Seasonic unit? Will Tirupati do/repair it through local channels/send it to Taiwan or through Kaizen? Will the replaced unit have the same efficiency as the retail one? Approx & max. turn-over/return time (days/months)?

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
please also ask them: Who will service the Seasonic unit? Will Tirupati do/repair it through local channels/send it to Taiwan or through Kaizen? Will the replaced unit have the same efficiency as the retail one? Approx & max. turn-over/return time (days/months)?
Ok, but I doubt they repair those, I think they just replaces them.

pegasus

Journeyman
Dear tkin sir,
Having owned/used two HX620 units, i personally do not think upgrading (if we may say so :p) to a TX750 V2 is appropriate.
IMHO, what the HX620 was to us a couple of years back, the HX850 is now mostly.
Try and get a HX850- please. Would have said AX850 as it's so simply muaahhh! but so is the price here. :p
If not, try to squeeze in a HX750 at least. That's what i would have done given your dilemna. :)

P.S. 20 days is not much. You just might get those cables soon. Some friends did receive theirs, sent all the way from US iirc, when their/our initial HX620s only had 6-pin PCIe connectors and new units had 6+2 ones. :)

Seasonic ss-650at, ss-750at and ss-850at are rebranded by Corsair as tx650 v2, tx750 v2 and tx850 v2 respectively.
Am a bit out of touch these days and where may i find proper information on what you mentioned? Any links please? :)
Last i had checked, almost all Corsair units were Corsair own-designs implemented by CWT (Maybe Seasonic-inspired and Corsair-tweaked suitably but CWT-built for sure).

Last edited:
Top Bottom