Suggest my Next Long Term Phone 25K and above ??

randomuser111

Technomancer
Looks like Xperia Z is coming soon, samsung be afraid, be very very afraid.

Sadly, Samsung has nothing to be afraid about. Most Indians will still choose Note 2 over Xperia Z. And when S4 arrives, it will out sell the Xperia Z 5 to 1 minimum. :(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Sadly, Samsung has nothing to be afraid about. Most Indians will still choose Note 2 over Xperia Z. And when S4 arrives, it will out sell the Xperia Z 5 to 1 minimum. :(

is it so? then why has Samsung lowered the price of S3 to 28k (16GB) ;) But about the 5:1 thing, i absolutely agree with you.

tkin

Back to school!!
:facepalm:

Like how my friends would go for nVidia GT640 over HD7770, or intel i3 over 5800k, samsung has done one thing good, promotion, when note 2 came I saw ads in every newspapers, magazine, everyday, also they erected demo booths in every location that attracted a crowd, at one day I saw over 4 demo booths, and with hands on experience comes buyer's trust and confidence, I had never seen such a booth from sony(except maybe one or two in festivals), Sony is the reason for its own demise :(

randomuser111

Technomancer
:facepalm:

Like how my friends would go for nVidia GT640 over HD7770, or intel i3 over 5800k, samsung has done one thing good, promotion, when note 2 came I saw ads in every newspapers, magazine, everyday, also they erected demo booths in every location that attracted a crowd, at one day I saw over 4 demo booths, and with hands on experience comes buyer's trust and confidence, I had never seen such a booth from sony(except maybe one or two in festivals), Sony is the reason for its own demise :(

Sorry for off topic but just want to explain why you don't see such promotions from Sony. :)

Basically as you know, since 2006 Sony was going downhill steadily due to wrong decisions made by the then CEO. Don't wanna discuss what he did but it benefited Samsung/LG and cost Sony truck loads of money and reputation as well. Since 2009-10 finance was completely screwed up, piling losses et all. After Kazuo Hirai san took over in 2012 Sony has been recovering well enough and losses have been cut down pretty much and this April they should post about 1.5 billion Dollars + profits. So currently (and last year too when Sony took over Sony Ericsson) they do not have much cash lying around for marketing. Most of the cash has been spent on R&D and acquisitions for long term interests. This year's product line has also been made for one target - to earn profit and NOT market share. Which is why the focus is on high end and mid range phones this year on. Same with TV, camera and other businesses.

So after they return to profit this year and Sony Mobile acquisition and restructuring costs are recovered they will start to chase down Samsung/LG and aim at increasing their market share in all business segments by spending HUGE cash on marketing.

So until 2014, we won't see much marketing push by Sony. For the Z and ZL though, Sony has decent amount of money set aside for promotion globally. :) The second half 2013 devices though, will receive better marketing. Especially in the USA. Those phones will mark Sony's BIG comeback in the US market.
Still, nowhere on the same level as Samsung though.

tkin

Back to school!!
Sorry for off topic but just want to explain why you don't see such promotions from Sony. :)

Basically as you know, since 2006 Sony was going downhill steadily due to wrong decisions made by the then CEO. Don't wanna discuss what he did but it benefited Samsung/LG and cost Sony truck loads of money and reputation as well. Since 2009-10 finance was completely screwed up, piling losses et all. After Kazuo Hirai san took over in 2012 Sony has been recovering well enough and losses have been cut down pretty much and this April they should post about 1.5 billion Dollars + profits. So currently (and last year too when Sony took over Sony Ericsson) they do not have much cash lying around for marketing. Most of the cash has been spent on R&D and acquisitions for long term interests. This year's product line has also been made for one target - to earn profit and NOT market share. Which is why the focus is on high end and mid range phones this year on. Same with TV, camera and other businesses.

So after they return to profit this year and Sony Mobile acquisition and restructuring costs are recovered they will start to chase down Samsung/LG and aim at increasing their market share in all business segments by spending HUGE cash on marketing.

So until 2014, we won't see much marketing push by Sony. For the Z and ZL though, Sony has decent amount of money set aside for promotion globally. :) The second half 2013 devices though, will receive better marketing. Especially in the USA. Those phones will mark Sony's BIG comeback in the US market.
Still, nowhere on the same level as Samsung though.
Hmm :|

I took my LG L9 to the store the other day to see if I can get a screenguard, a customer there saw my set and was impressed, the shopkeeper jumped out and started babbling how LG Mobiles are cheap chinese, I didn't speak a word but later the shopkeeper forced a galaxy s advance to that guy, goes to show that samsung is giving them better margins as well.

the.one

In the zone
Hmm :|

I took my LG L9 to the store the other day to see if I can get a screenguard, a customer there saw my set and was impressed, the shopkeeper jumped out and started babbling how LG Mobiles are cheap chinese, I didn't speak a word but later the shopkeeper forced a galaxy s advance to that guy, goes to show that samsung is giving them better margins as well.

I guess he was rather trying to clear his S Advance stock.. Or dint have any L9 stock on board.

tkin

Back to school!!
I guess he was rather trying to clear his S Advance stock.. Or dint have any L9 stock on board.
Nope, had a L9 right there on display, like Phillips TVs, they'll try to sell the item with the highest margin.

tkin

Back to school!!
Atleast you can't go wrong with samsung. Some other brands are selling phones with poor battery :p and laggy UI. Samsung is at least an all round performer.
Show me a samsung phone with 2150mah battery, except note, which is not a phone.

dixit8611

Journeyman
yes, galaxy s2, s3, note, s advance all are good in camera, battery backup, display and audio.:)
Show me a samsung phone with 2150mah battery, except note, which is not a phone.
galaxy s3 and grand has 2100 ma battery and galaxy s2 and s advance too have good battery backup.
You got to be kidding me :|
As if touchwiz UI is awesome
I am sorry but dropping an android phone because you don't like the launcher is the dumbest reason i have heard :p. You can always go for apex and nova launchers.
i cant use a samsung phone without custom rom even for a week.

OH really,:p:p:clap2:

tkin

Back to school!!
yes, galaxy s2, s3, note, s advance all are good in camera, battery backup, display and audio.:)

galaxy s3 and grand has 2100 ma battery and galaxy s2 and s advance too have good battery backup.

I am sorry but dropping an android phone because you don't like the launcher is the dumbest reason i have heard :p. You can always go for apex and nova launchers.

OH really,:p:p:clap2:
Grand: 190PPI+Videocore, nuff said, SGS II overpriced, SGSIII great phone.

Top Bottom