Suggest me a email client which can add multiple email accounts with ease

@vi

Journeyman
A friend of mine is looking for an email client. Only feature he needs is adding new email accounts with ease. He has xls / csv file which has email address, passwords. So he just needs a software which can import such file & adds all of them. Otherwise he has to add all emails manually. There are about some 40 email addresses....

Thank you in advance :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Almost all major webmails support multiple email A/c. Eg. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Rediffmail etc.

Personally I prefer Gmail :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Outlook :/

AFAIK.. the is no software to import and make accounts..

OP
@

@vi

Journeyman
Guys thunderbird does not the option which I need.

I will try with Outlook

OP
@

@vi

Journeyman
Is it ? I searched & looked everywhere, but couldn't find :-/ It'd be great if you can tell me how. Thank you !!

gameranand

Living to Play
There was a add on to do that. Don't really remember the name as I used it long time ago. Will search for it. :)

sakumar79

Technomancer
In a discussion at *www.wickedfire.com/shooting-****/77815-bulk-importing-email-accounts-into-thunderbird.html - the following suggestion seems worthy of trying:

I could be wrong about the xml file because it's been a long time since I've used TB but if you're using Windows XP check these locations:
C:\Documents and Settings\Turbo\Application Data\Mozilla\ThunderBird\
C:\Documents and Settings\Turbo\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\ThunderBird\

Look for a file called accounts.xml or something of that nature. Open it up in a text editor like PSPad and look at the structure of the xml tags (same as html tages). Then edit your csv to match the structure.

Hope that helps
Arun