Suggest laptop for programmer(running web servers,multiple IDEs like VS2010)

ritz2

Right off the assembly line
Hi all. Can u pls Suggest laptop for programming? I'll be running web servers,multiple IDEs like VS2010 on it.I'll also run virtual machine on it for testing. Budget 35k. should I go for apu A8 (HP G6-2005AX) or Ci5 (lenovo G580 59-324061 / samsung NP 300E5X-A01IN). HP model has less cpu power but 1.5G grap.card. Pls suggest considering my work type (programming with heavy apps).
Thanks in advance!

I am using the Lenovo Model you have quoted, and am quiet satisfied with it. My requirements were same as yours plus light to medium gaming and future safety in context of hardware. With Ivy Bridge Core i5 Processor which goes from 2.5 to 3.1 Ghz (confirmed with task manager in Win 8 :D ), 4 GB Ram and 3 empty memory slots, I have got both the things. I guess you can also go for it.

Its good for running VMs also as it has hardware virtualization support (Intel Vt-x) in processor.

OP
R

ritz2

Right off the assembly line
Go for the Lenovo one.

I am using the Lenovo Model you have quoted, and am quiet satisfied with it. My requirements were same as yours plus light to medium gaming and future safety in context of hardware. With Ivy Bridge Core i5 Processor which goes from 2.5 to 3.1 Ghz (confirmed with task manager in Win 8 :D ), 4 GB Ram and 3 empty memory slots, I have got both the things. I guess you can also go for it.

Its good for running VMs also as it has hardware virtualization support (Intel Vt-x) in processor.

----------------
thanks for the replies. As per ur suggestion,I'll go for lenovo which was my preffrd choice also. Just got confused after seeing the AMD laptop confg.

Top Bottom