Suggest Good 5.1 speakers for about 16K MAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
COOL 16 K for Home theater.......wow.......what an effect it will be having.......i have 5.1 speakers......and also sound card form creative........can u tell how can i add more speakers to my exxisting config???
@ mayanksharma
Not 27 speakers :) but few more atleast for amzing gaming and movie experience........ :)

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah right!!

but do you really believe that anything better than >770W RMS could do much better?? :D

I played games like DOOM 3 and DOOM3 ROE on it, and boy believe me my friend sitting with me was almost ready to piss in his pants!!!!:wink:
More than that Matrix Revolutions sounded even amazing.

I had seen many speakers and also tested them, but no one could even come closer to mine!!

Anyway, my friend, you have to listen them to believe it, so always most welcome to my place. :D

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
@mayanksharma
Even same stuff around with my sony DZ120K speakers....
was playing Quake 4.... at medium volume....
my little brothers(cousins) Peed in their pants.....
BUt they enjoyed the sound....

@everyone
Also r there any new speakers in ur mind GUys...
these months DIGIT issue gave some cool speakers review
Which one u liked out of them n why.....

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Go for Creative Giga/Mega works..Creative products a always better than other products.....And also coslier than other products ! /\/}]()

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
@samrulez
for ur information i had purchased sony DZ120 K speakers
thnx for suggesting but no use....
u might have not read the whole thread...

BUt i wuld like to discuss about the digit reviewed speakers...
i felt tht was not the right review...
they shld also consider their quality...
i had heard from many forums tht Philips HTR5000 dies after prolonged use...
but even after tht it was rated silver best buy........
and many of the bigger competitor were missing..

royal

Padawan
yes I would have liked to see more products from Logitech/AltecLansing/Creative ... :-|

without these the test is incomplete :evil:

royal

Padawan
The speakers I would have liked to have reviewed are

Logitech
Z-5450 Digital
Z-5300
Z-2300
X-530

Altec Lansing
GT5051
VS3151R

Creative
GigaWorks S750
Inspire™ T7900
GigaWorks ProGamer G500
MegaWorks THX 5.1 550
Inspire GD580

and finally ...

Artis
S6600
X10Mini
X22

many of these are beyond my reach at this moment :-|

But no harm in being an optimist ;)

suave_guy

pedal to metal
look what we really need here is klipsch....sadly klipsch is not easily available in india...infact i'm yet to see any owner of klipsch speakers in india....

the other thing i want is that altec lansing shud concentrate more on 5.1 segment, they are just wasting their talent by only considering 2.1 segment at the moment, if altec uses its full potential in 5.1 segment than creative, logitech n rest will have to run for the cover...

apart from that bose shud also concentrate on pc multimedia speakers specially the surround sound, that will really help bose to produce affordable surround sound setup(considering bose i think even 30K is cheap) and still maintaining the bose sound quality...

i dont want to compromise on quality by investing in logitech which just believes in powerfull bass(which sadly is not uniform) or creative which produces speakers with pathetically low rms or philips which just produces artificial sound(oh yeah i dont know why they actually make pc speakers)...rest of the brands i dont even want to mention

the truth is that the giants of audio market are bose, klipsch and altec lansing and they are leaps ahead when it comes to the audio manufacturing experience(even sony cant beat that) and we can trust them and can actually spend money coz it will be worth it...

ENjoy...

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
well i use philips HTS 3000
*shopping.sify.com/shopping/product_detail.php?pid=13173187&prodid=13921075

*ndtv.fabmall.com/electronics/pd.aspx?sku=PC8920051206015

not the highend stuff but very easy on pockets...
5.1 (100w rms total power) + 2x5.1 + 1 stereo inputs Amplifier(with IR remote) + DVD player (plays anything from scratched disks to divx to mp3 to dvdrws) = 9000rs

I have all this wired together with my Tvtuner card and my PC has two monitors connected as a result i have a very simple and feature rich home entertainment setup...

what i sweet is everyting has remotes too one for TV tuner, One for Amplifier, one for DVD player, one for Logitech Media center.... + cordless keyboard/mouse

i am proud of this setup....

Last edited:
suave_guy said:
look what we really need here is klipsch....sadly klipsch is not easily available in india...infact i'm yet to see any owner of klipsch speakers in india....

the other thing i want is that altec lansing shud concentrate more on 5.1 segment, they are just wasting their talent by only considering 2.1 segment at the moment, if altec uses its full potential in 5.1 segment than creative, logitech n rest will have to run for the cover...

apart from that bose shud also concentrate on pc multimedia speakers specially the surround sound, that will really help bose to produce affordable surround sound setup(considering bose i think even 30K is cheap) and still maintaining the bose sound quality...

i dont want to compromise on quality by investing in logitech which just believes in powerfull bass(which sadly is not uniform) or creative which produces speakers with pathetically low rms or philips which just produces artificial sound(oh yeah i dont know why they actually make pc speakers)...rest of the brands i dont even want to mention

the truth is that the giants of audio market are bose, klipsch and altec lansing and they are leaps ahead when it comes to the audio manufacturing experience(even sony cant beat that) and we can trust them and can actually spend money coz it will be worth it...

ENjoy...
rightly said
many of friends have bad experience of creative inspire models.sound clarity sucks
what about JBL?
i heard their 2.1 models and sound great with clarity.

royal

Padawan
suave_guy

Yes I agree with you that the giants are klipsch and Bose ...

However Altec Lansing though a formidable name is not quite in the same league as these ... and Bose speakers cost an arm and a leg :-| so they are not everybody's speaker :evil:

BTW, THX certified speakers from Logitech are not that bad either :cool:

Rollercoaster

could you throw some light on HTS 3000 ??? like how's its performance,are the lows tight,whether the highs are clear,does it crack at high volumes,lenght of cords,if stands are provided ... :confused:

suave_guy

pedal to metal
there's a reason why i included altec lansing...and thats coz its a major player in professional audio market, if you research a bit on altec lansing histroy u'll realize that why this brand is among the tops coz its history is as rich and influencing as klipsch or bose has....currently their main aim is to produce affordable pc speakers and thats why they have not infused their full potential in pc speakers manufacturing(to maintain the costs)...however we have seen some glimpse of their talent in 2.1 models like mx-5021(which is now the best 2.1 speaker, even better than klipsch promedia 2.1) and fx-6021....but the question is that will they do the same with 5.1 segment or not...
altec lansing has also been awarded as the best brand for i-pod and portable speakers...

@chota_wala_rod...JBL is a good brand and in the same league with harman kardon...their speakers have good clarity but weak bass(they are punchy but no bone rattling stuff)

ENjoy...

anirudhasarawgi

Journeyman
i got harman kardon amplifier and jbl speakers they r sounding very good....and i dont think its bass is weak...they r pretty nice....

harman kardon amplifier model avr130 is rated 225 Watts RMS but the sound that comes out is abt 500w watts.....

melvinchacko

Right off the assembly line
how much does the avr130 cost?
the jbl company had a major price restructuring and the prices half come down after that as compared to earlier models......
opinion on quality wisse difference has to be sought...

goobimama

 Macboy
Oh fricks. I was away for a while and look what this thread has become! Excellent!

Anyway, to answer mayanksharma, well I must say there is quite a difference between the Megaworks 550 and the Logitech 5500 (at least I found it, and so did the "other" indian PC magazine). The bass is much much deeper and the highs are excellent. I haven't heard your sound so I cannot compare, may be as good or even better, I don't know.

But a THX certification is a seal of approval. It means that they certify that these speakers can accurately reproduce sound as is supposed to be heard in the theatres.

You may have Pro Logic II and DTS, but there is always a difference between decoders (especially those of low quality, while not saying yours is low quality). PowerDVD for instance has a software decoder for Dolby Digital and DTS as well as ProLogic II, but its not nearly as good as the hardware decoder on the 5500. The Creative Audigy's decoder is quite good though....

and I can go on and on...

(Btw, my very close friend has a speaker system, brand name "thiel" or something. Cost 27 LAKHS!!! When he turns on the speakers (along with the four Amps, the lights in the house go dim....doom 3 anyone?)

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Harman Kardon HKTS 14 ,Bower and Wilkins DM 6 series setup,AGA(Anthony Galao Acoustics) and JBL cutom setups......!
Look man,if you are willing to throw some serious cash,then definitely go for custom setups always.These are the very best in their linestreams.
And yeah,i know these standards,my friend!Its just that THX usually provide standards to speakers and I have separate Sony and Yamaha amplifiers for particular DTS,Dolby or Prologic capabilities.I think,now you should have got that.
And one more thing,Thiel Audio designs and builds high performance loudspeakers for home music and home theater sound systems.But i must say,that those speakers,that i have mentioned are worthy of making a note.

royal

Padawan
hey goobimama

what does your friend do for a living ... rob banks :confused:

just joking man ... no offence meant :cool:

btw, are you sure you haven't by mistake added a couple of extra zeroes to the cost of those speakers ? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom