Suggest a PC for Video editing and Gaming under 2.5L

Davidboon

In the zone
Hi everyone,
It's been 5 years since I assembled my first PC with the help of the members of this forum. My current AMD based PC has served me well and time has come to upgrade to a new PC. This time I want to go with Intel, so help me decide a Intel based configuration based on the following requirements.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: The primary purpose of this computer will be video editing and occasional gaming on the weekends. As for video editing I make use of Adobe premiere pro and sometimes after effects too.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: At the moment I have fixed a maximum budget of 2.5 lakhs for the entire build. However if needed, I can stretch my budget by another 10 to 20K.

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: Not now, but in the future.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Windows 10.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: 4TB of HDD ( 2TB + 2TB ) and a 500GB SSD.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: Yes, I want tobuy a 4K monitor, preferably the Asus PB287Q.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: Everything will be new.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: First week of September.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: Yes I have built a desktop before.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: I am planning to get the hardware from Theitwares ( Has the best prices on the internet ) or Primeabgb. So please quote me the prices from these two retailers or from anywhere else where the prices are lower.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans:

1. I need this PC to be future proof for the next two to three years.
  2. Currently I’m in a dilemma whether to go for the Intel 5930K or 5960X processor.
  3. Can anyone confirm if Corsair provides international warranty for its memory products. If it does, then I will prefer to buy the memory from Newegg or Amazon.
  4. Between any two similar hardware, I will prefer the one with a longer warranty period.

Here’s what I have in mind for the Config.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K or 5960X
CPU Cooler: will prefer Water cooler.
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage V Extreme or anything better?
GPU: Asus Strix 980 Ti ( Seems to be the best at the moment )
RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4 RAM 3000 MHz
PSU: Corsair HX 850 or HX1000?
HDD: Western Digital Black 2TB + Western Digital Blue 2TB + Samsung 850 PRO 512 GB SSD
Cabinet: Corsair? Help me decide.
Monitor: Asus PB287Q?
Keyboard: Mechanical keyboard with backlit keys.
Mouse: Will use my old Razer Deathadder.
UPS: Help me decide.
Speakers: Not required since I use headphones all the time, but it will be good if a good 2.1 speaker can be accommodated within my budget.

Please remind me if I am missing anything.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 300k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i7 5930K44,500
CPU CoolerCorsair H100i GT11,400
MotherboardAsus X-99 PRO24,200
MemoryG.Skill Ripjaws 16GB(4x4GB) DDR4 3000Mhz13,500
Graphics CardAsus GTX 980Ti 6GB DDR5 DC II OC Strix Edition54,000
SSDSamsung 850 PRO 512GB20,800
Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i17,000
CabinetCorsair Graphite Series 760T14,000
Internal StorageWD Caviar Black 2TB+2TB21,600
MonitorDell UltraSharp 27" LED IPS U2715H (2560x1440)49,500
KeyboardLogitech Logitech G510s6,400
UPSAPC BR1500G-IN 1500VA UPS13,500
SpeakersLogitech THX Z623 2.1 Speakers9,000
Total2,99,400

Last edited:
OP
Davidboon

Davidboon

In the zone
That's a great config [MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION]. Can I know the sites from where you've sourced the prices?. Don't you think that the PSU is a overkill? especially when I wont be going for SLI. As for the RAM, I want to go for 2 x 8GB sticks so that i have space left to install more RAM in the future.

I checked the prices for a few of the above hardware from brick and mortar stores such as Theitwares and Primeabgb and the prices are much cheaper there. So it would be nice if you can quote prices from there.

As the total price of the components is exceeding my budget, I think it will be better if I delay the purchase of the monitor.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
That's a great config @bssunilreddy . Can I know the sites from where you've sourced the prices?. Don't you think that the PSU is a overkill? especially when I wont be going for SLI. As for the RAM, I want to go for 2 x 8GB sticks so that i have space left to install more RAM in the future.

I checked the prices for a few of the above hardware from brick and mortar stores such as Theitwares and Primeabgb and the prices are much cheaper there. So it would be nice if you can quote prices from there.

As the total price of the components is exceeding my budget, I think it will be better if I delay the purchase of the monitor.

All components prices except HDD, PSU, Monitor and GPU are taken from primeabgb.com

HDD price is taken from flipkart.com
PSU price is taken from theitwares.com
Monitor price is taken from theitdepot.com
GPU price is taken from mdcomputers.in

As for RAM is concerned 16GB(4x4GB) is more than enough right now and you can easily add another 16GB(4x4GB) in the future if you want right. So go with my Configuration.

PS: All prices have been corrected based on primeabgb.com prices as it has lowest pricelist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom