suggest a freeware for restricting access to files on dvd

Chetan1991

Youngling
Hi all.
Can you suggest some freewares to restrict access to specific files, which i want to burn on a dvd??

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well. How do you want to restrict access?
By making it hidden or password protecting it
I recommend to password protect them using compression software like Winrar or 7zip.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
There is something in Nero called SecureDisk. Through this you can make complete disk password protected. BUT, then the disk will work only if SecureDisk of Nero, is installed, and after you insert the password.

But, things won't be on your side, if 1). You have to see the files on someone else's PC which doesn't have software installed, and 2). If the software gets corrupt.

So, I think as said above, just password protecting the required files in a RAR file, can also do the job. But, then don't forget the password! ;)

aniket.cain

Padawan
I think you need something like this:

CD-Lock Software - Create encrypted secure CDs that you use normally - no need to decrypt first!

I have used this software in the past, and it works well. However, it is not a free version.

aniket.cain

Padawan
the best option for op is to compress & password protect it

Then everytime one wants to view the files, he has to decompress it. It might be easy for small files, but if the files are of very large size, it can be a pain in the neck.
But using this software, once you pop it in, it will ask for the password, and then it will work like a normal DVD. No decrypting, no extracting. Fastest method IMHO.