Suggest A Basic Config for 15k-20k

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
dear friends, i need help to build a basic configuration for my brother, he'll be using it for email, net surfing, youtube, ms office, movies, music etc. just very basic config. plz help me decide a config for him.budget is 15k-20k

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: MS Office, Browsing, Movies, Youtube.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 15k-20k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: win 7, xp

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 320gb / 500gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: yes 15.5, any brand.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: n/a

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In a couple of weeks.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I'll do it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: i'live in kota, rajasthan, and I'm open to online shops as well, so I'd appreciate if the online prices are included. Locally, I'd buy from kota. and compare the prices before i buy.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Nothing!

i've one config in my mind.

1. processor- intel 2.9GHz G2020
2. mobo- gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2
3. RAM- Corsair ddr3 2GB
4. HDD- seagate 250gb 8mb
5. ODD- lite-on dvd writer
6. kb- zebronics zeb-k06 ps/2
7. mouse- frontech 3705 ps/2
8. PSU- enter 500W
9. monitor- viewsonic VA 1601w 15.6"

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
intel pentium G2020 -3.3k
gigabyte GA-H61M-ds2- 2.9k
Corsair ddr3 2GB value select 1333mhz - 1.3k
HDD-wd blue 500gb- 3k / 1tb - 4k
ODD- lite-on dvd writer/asus 24b5st -1k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k
PSU- antec bp300p - 1.8k
dell in2030 - 6k

dont go with the enter psu. select good one like antec bp300p

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
+1 to the above config though i will suggest using Corsair VS350 350 Watt PSU @ 1.9k.
Since GA-H61M-ds2 doesn't have any USB 3.0 port, is it possible to create a port by using one of the other slots like sata or maybe PCI-E slots?

which processor is good intel g2020 or amd Athlon II X2 270..
Intel G2020 due to less power consumption and better performance in both single and multi threaded applications.

OP
Ashok Verma

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
+1 to the above config though i will suggest using Corsair VS350 350 Watt PSU @ 1.9k.
Since GA-H61M-ds2 doesn't have any USB 3.0 port, is it possible to create a port by using one of the other slots like sata or maybe PCI-E slots?

Intel G2020 due to less power consumption and better performance in both single and multi threaded applications.
is 350w psu sufficient or should i choose higher one... plz reply

thanks for the reply rohitshubham

i'll choose intel G2020, is it a good choice.???!! or some other intel processor

intel pentium G2020 -3.3k
gigabyte GA-H61M-ds2- 2.9k
Corsair ddr3 2GB value select 1333mhz - 1.3k
HDD-wd blue 500gb- 3k / 1tb - 4k
ODD- lite-on dvd writer/asus 24b5st -1k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k
PSU- antec bp300p - 1.8k
dell in2030 - 6k

dont go with the enter psu. select good one like antec bp300p

Dear rijinpk1 is this mobo good or my frnd said choose b75 mobo like gigabyte ga-b75m-d3h

does it really make a difference other than being more price/expensive.

ankush28

Bazinga
buddy
> for your system even 150WATT is enough, go for local one like zebronics cabby+psu combo @ 1.4k no need of branded psu in your case, or else BP300.
>VS350 is very bad idea as compare to BP300P VS series is not good.
>Dont go for DS2 board get GA-H61-D2H, if you want USB3.0 then B75M-D3H.
>Athlon series which you are talking about is long gone, around 3-5k rs budget no one beat G2020.
>get corsair value select 4GB 1333MHz ram trust me 2GB is now a days not enough for officeworks, movies.
>B75m.has following extra features:-
USB3.0
SATA 3.0
rest features are useless for you :D

blackbird

Journeyman
dear ankush28, what is diff. b/w ds2 and d2h. plz tell

HDMI
DVI
4 ram slot
size

check for yourself
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H Motherboard - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com
Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 Motherboard - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com

compare link
*www.flipkart.com/motherboard/compare?ids=MBDD5RRR4FJKZYRX,MBDD9MPBPBU86VJK

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Dear rijinpk1 is this mobo good or my frnd said choose b75 mobo like gigabyte ga-b75m-d3h

does it really make a difference other than being more price/expensive.
if you have the buget, go for b75. it has usb 3.0 ports , sata3 6gbps and better build quality.
Dont go for any cheap psus.It can likely cause hdd bad sectors and other problems in the long run. get antec bp300p as suggested. better be safe now than later.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Completely agreed with you about the PSU. Never ever buy any local PSU like Frontec, Intex or Zebronics, even if your system's power requirement is low. Apart from supplying power to the syste, PSU also protects system components from sudden current/voltage surge and for that quality PSUs do implement di98fferent level of protections which is lacking in the local PSUs. They might pass the higher surge to the system instead of getting disconnected, resulting damage of core components in long run. Ram modules and HDDs are more prone to electricity based damages and you will find lots of HDD and Ram related issues with people using local PSU, although most of the time they were unable to connect them and consider them as separate incidents.