Sub 5k SSD suggestion needed. Is 60GB SSD enough?

Sarath

iDota
Presently I have 1TB HDD in my PC running Win 7. I will be doing a clean install of Win 8 in a weeks time. I was thinking if I should buy an SSD to speed up my system.

I use very few programs. In fact I play only one game on my system called Dota 2. Apart from that it is only light browsing on Chrome and IE. I was wondering, since my usage is limited to few applications, will I benefit from a small sized SSD of say 60GB capacity.

Also is it the best way to use and SSD by installing windows + programs you use on it or is there some other configuration that I can follow?

Finally suggest a good SSD that will fit in a budget below 5k

My idea is to use this drive till I can upgrade to a ~250GB one when it becomes affordable and then convert this 60GB SSD into a caching drive if it is possible on my mobo Asus P8P67

Thank you :)

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Why not wait till you can extend the budget to get a 250GB SSD? (I did the mistake of getting 60GB SSD :cry: ) After installing all the latest patches of Win 7... the free size left to be used by us on a 60GB SSD is around 15GB ( It would be 17GB for Win 8 Pro ). So I would suggest not to install the games on SSD.. but yes you can install other applications.

Go for Corsair Force series 3 60GB or Corsair Nova 2 64GB if you are unable to extend budget right now and are desperate to get hands on SSD. Should cost you around 4k

CORSAIR SSD FORCE 3 SERIES 60GB

CORSAIR SSD NOVA 2 SERIES 60GB

Corsair Force 60GB & Nova 64GB - Introduction

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Going by your experience, looks like 60GB is a bad investment. I guess I will wait for larger capacities of >250GB to fall below the 10k mark.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Yes... the best decision.

Check this out -*mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=product/product&path=74_88&product_id=853

panwala95

In the zone
if you have someone in the us 128gb ssds go for as little as 100$
so check out that possibility too

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
No one in the US sadly. Warranty claims is another problem.

its not that bad an idea you have a 1tb get the ssd

checkked all the forums.....they reccommend even a 60gb just for the os...as it becomes "highly responsive"

as far as i have seen on reviews ssd's have very low failure rate thus getting it from the us isn't such a bad idea

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
I'd suggest you get a 120GB SSD, many come within 7K.
Visit Buy SSD | SSD Price | SSD For Laptop | Buy Solid State Drives in India for the prices.

gameranand

Living to Play
Congrats and also post your experience. I am also about to purchase a SSD soon. :)

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
On a vacation now so that will have to wait.

I am frustrated at the initial prepping for the SSD though :D

theproffesor

saze017 here...quite a go
ocz agility 3 is 6.4k on Flipkart and a. kingston v+200 90gb version is 5k
why 60gb
120gb is bare minimum ..let alone 60gb
I have v+200 120gb and I cannot install all of my games in it *
I have bf3 and other fps in it*
and as you don't have tons of games in your pc buy 120gb ...ocz agility 3 is a great ssd performs better than mine :( for same price *I've used both but agility is now my brother's boot drive

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
ocz agility 3 is 6.4k on Flipkart and a. kingston v+200 90gb version is 5k
why 60gb
120gb is bare minimum ..let alone 60gb
I have v+200 120gb and I cannot install all of my games in it *
I have bf3 and other fps in it*
and as you don't have tons of games in your pc buy 120gb ...ocz agility 3 is a great ssd performs better than mine :( for same price *I've used both but agility is now my brother's boot drive
ehh.. read before post?
I bought a 128GB SSD from OCZ already. :)