sub 14" notebook with good graphics needed: budget 40k

anil.cool17

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
maximum 40k (INR)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
weight not more than 2 KG

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: None
b. Dislike: None

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Programming, HD movies and casual gaming (would love to play at least BF3 and COD MW3 in mid-low settings)

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
any

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

So here is my story so far,

I have been using Toshiba laptop since 3 year with 12.6" screen and low end amd CPU and ati graphics which was enough for most of my
daily uses (atleast before 3 years), though for full HD movies and most of the games I have to switch to my shared desktop.
Now this laptop has come to its end, A month ago its battery gave up (windows started suggesting to replace it) and runs hardly one hour. then one of its hinge got broke
(which is not available anywhere) so I have used my glue gun and fixed the lid and the mobility is gone. but the worst thing started few
day back where its wifi adapter has started giving me trouble, it stops working now and then and won't work until the reboot.
So this concludes that I need a new notebook asap.

Then after reading several treads I though of buying AMD's Trinity powered HP G6 2005AX and visited chroma with the same intension, but when
I hold it in my hand I come to know that those full size notebooks are meant for me. this HP beauty is real powerhouse but it weights too much and
it too large for my daily use.

Then I checked HP's Envy line up which seems like and perfect solution for my needs but the price tag is above my budget, the same applies to
most ultrabook out there.

So here I am with hope of some help from you guys finding the below 14" screen and below 2kg weighted notebook with good graphics performance to meet
my needs.

I think intel 2nd gen processor with discrete GPU or AMD's APU (even without GPU)should be fine for me. I and not sure about 3rd gen Intel without GPU.
Please suggest me one or let me know if I should wait for new notebooks powered by AMD APU or increasing budget is my only option? I can not wait more than one month with my current situation.

PS: I have AMD A8 powed desktop without discrete GPU and I am really impressed with its performance.

Top Bottom