strange!!!!really strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

satbir

Broken In
hey all. actually i was having problems with my speakers since a month or so....... the problem was that only the left speaker was working properly and the right one was giving weird kinda sound......... jerks and all i.e. everything except music....... same with the headphones...... so i came to the conclusion that my jack was faulty....... opened the cabinet but no luck....... its an onboard sound card........... so as a temporary solution i opened the sound controls and shifted the balance on to the left side...........

now the strange part:

yesterday i was playing a movie with my headphones on........ powerdvd automatically shifted the balance to midway........ and while re-adjusting the balance i accidently muted line in(in volume control)........... and guess wat ........... both the headphones(left and right) started working........ i was really surprised............

wat could have been the cause?? is there some sort of disturbance from line in thats dostorting the sound or wat......... thats the last thing i can think of

by the way its a ASUS mobo with sis 7012 sound card and a sis 650 graphics card

OP
S

satbir

Broken In
vinaypatel said:
same thread is running some where

hey could you kindly let me know the location........

if u are talking about this thread

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34413

then i'd like to say that the mentioned thread is kinda related to a hardware problem...... this problem is a bit different...... thats wat i feel....... still if mods think that the two threads should be merged...... they'll surely do it...... :D

bala4digit

Journeyman
maybe the line in plug is fulty...some dust or insect cud be there ....or rust...just check that...if its external....if not change sound card ! :p

OP
S

satbir

Broken In
hey bala.............. i plugged a pick(a device used to amplify guitar music or to connect the guitar to the system) into line in and recorded some songs...... that means line in is working perfectly fine........ no insect...... no dust...... and i am afraid if i need to change my sound card......... could be some sort of electomagnetic disturbance though........ any suggestions??

bala4digit

Journeyman
@abhishek n godsman :hehe....i just kidded...:p

@satbir:i hope that tells you all is fine externally!!time to change soundcard....if its electromagnetic then ...change the place of cpu n c...or just change it!!!! :p

OP
S

satbir

Broken In
could it be some sort of software issue........... somthing related to plugins or may be the OS?? and ya for the time being i won't change the sound card..... i think muting line in has solved my prob temporarily...... if i have more probs in future.... i'll surely consider changing it....... by the way its an onboard card....... do i have to go to the mobo manufacturer to get the thing replaced or can i just add in an external sound card without any issues.......... i think the latter is a better option

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
Sometimes it's the settings with some manual over write or otherwise. Just use the default option and may have things restored.That was the case with my creative live 7.1 card and creative inspire 5200 speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom