Strange Boot disk error

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
When I try to boot up my frans pc i get a "boot disk error and I'm told to insert system disk". This normaly means reformatting and installing a fresh copy of whatever OS your using.

Done that- re-formatted the HDD and installed a fresh copy of XP Pro, let it finish doing a full install before I removed XP boot disk, installed various motherboard and other software,

restarted the comp and when it started up I got the same god dam boot disk failure, insert system disk error again. So I did the afore mentioned repair procedure for this type error again- with the same result.

The next time I went to start all over agiain I missed the "press any key to boot from cd" promt message and the dam thing booted up into XP. Removed XP boot disk and restarted it and sure as hell I got the boot disk failure, insert system disk error again, put boot disk back in ignoring boot from cd promt annd it booted up ok?? Now I have to put the XP boot disk and ignore the boot from cd promt and it boots up ok.

PhB

Jughead!!!
Check the boot disk priority in the bios settings. The hard disk containing the OS should be the first one.

mittyr

silentFOX
@MR.MOUSTACHE

- Keep only the "Hard disk". Normally, there's no need for "floppy and cd", you can disable them. (Just eats up boot-up time).

- Just make sure all cables are connected properly.

OP
MR.MOUSTACHE

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
@MR.MOUSTACHE

- Keep only the "Hard disk". Normally, there's no need for "floppy and cd", you can disable them. (Just eats up boot-up time).

- Just make sure all cables are connected properly.

i have diabled the floppy connection ... but i need da dvd reader. and yes all the connections are well connected i just cant figure out y am getting da errors.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Me too got the same error with my previous SIS motherboard. I had installed all the motherboard drivers together without rebooting and when I restarted ultimately, this error showed up!!

Took it to the vendor, he told that the drivers have corrupted the motherboard and has burnt down chips!! Dunno if it's true or not but I had to replace my motherboard!!

Therefore, it maybe probably because you have installed many motherboard drivers together. You should take it to a hardware engineer for checkup!!

mittyr

silentFOX
@MR.MOUSTACHE

i have diabled the floppy connection ... but i need da dvd reader. and yes all the connections are well connected i just cant figure out y am getting da errors.

Disabling dvd/floppy "boot disk priority" won't affect the normal operation, just stop scanning them on boot-up.

Also, try setting BIOS to "Default Values"

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
@ the OP: You didn't give details about your friend's hardware, its history of previous OS installations and about the XP installation disc. I've come across similar problems installing from customised Win XP discs with some early motherboards based on Intel chipsets. The installation finishes but will not boot.

The solution was to install from a raw unaltered Win XP disc. Even then, if the hard disk is used to boot another computer even once, it will no longer boot with the Intel-based motherboard.

satyamy

Alive Again...
if your HDD is IDE and you have 2 IDE Slots than try changing your IDE to another Slot if this dosent solve than change your IDE Cable (get a new one) if this also dosent solve than their is either problem in your Hardware either motherboard or your HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom