aaruni

The Linux Guy
I just got steam on my lappy. Each time I start steam, it starts updating of some sort.. Is this normal?
Also, now it is starting up, and is stuck on 46% for an hour now..

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
But why? And why does it update each time I start the application?

masterkd

Padawan
It seems you have a very slow internet..each time steam opens it connects to internet and checks if there is any update available (for the software as well as the account)..if you have a slow connection it will show you updating when its actually checking for update..if you think steam is stuck check in task manager if its memory consumption is changing..then its working in the background.

havoknation

Journeyman
Yes let it update for about an hour.. play from tomorrow.. dedicate day1 for updating if you are on slow connection else you cant get good 0 loss and chokes

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
But I have a 12Mbps connection...

*fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/582180_436891456355591_378741911_n.jpg

gameranand

Living to Play
Oh boy. Then it seems like some other problem. Uninstall steam completely and reinstall. Might help. :)

rahulkadukar

Broken In
Inside the folder C:/Program Files/Steam OR C:/Program Files(x86) which basically depends on the OS you have delete all the files except Steam.exe and the folder Steamapps.

Now let Steam start once and update it. Then it will become normal.

Last edited:

demansional

Broken In
If you start playing when it's not completely updated, it will pause the update and resume the update when you exit the game.

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
It started working normally today... Don't know why...
Anybody please suggest a good free to play offline game from steam.