max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Re: Steam related discussions

I would like to know about the steam activation....
I'm having GTA-IV DVD (original copy).I played this game on my previous computer (Used GFWL) way back in 2009.....can i install it on my new computer...will my activation be affected.....
if possible can i tie-up this game with my existing steam account......
will there be any issues?

Last edited:

MuraliUtd

Broken In

I'm having GTA-IV DVD (original copy).I played this game on my previous computer (Used GFWL) way back in 2009.....can i install it on my new computer...will my activation be affected.....
You cant add your retail copy of GTA IV to steam....
You can Install/Activate GTA IV in 5 systems...
Revoke your Installation before Uninstalling GTA IV

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

all original games cannot be activated on Steam with cd keys. See this link for complete list *support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

Had some spare $3.51 in my Steam wallet. Ended up buying Sniper Elite for USD 3.39
Let's see how it is :)

TheSloth

The Slowest One

Guys Today is first time I am visiting Steam and as I am going through the site, I am seeing GRID cost is 14.99$, but on flipkart it cost only Rs.269. Is steam costly?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

^^wait for steam sales (midweek, weekend and extended sales during various occasions). You can get games at upto 75%off.

TheSloth

The Slowest One

oh...thanks for reply. One mor, if someone has to buy now then why wait long, why not just order from flipkart? the same game with less price

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

^^It's good to have everything organized in a single repository i.e. steam.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz

Hey guys,I was thinking of purchasing some games on steam(Max Payne 3 for one). So I wanted to know what do you guys do if the game is too large?(Max Payne 3 is around 25 GB If I'm not wrong). I have a BSNL 750UL broadband so that amounts to around 60-65 KBps download speed. How is the resuming download function if download gets interrupted?

Piyush

Lanaya

Hey guys,I was thinking of purchasing some games on steam(Max Payne 3 for one). So I wanted to know what do you guys do if the game is too large?(Max Payne 3 is around 25 GB If I'm not wrong). I have a BSNL 750UL broadband so that amounts to around 60-65 KBps download speed. How is the resuming download function if download gets interrupted?
its perfectly safe
resume whenever you want
after all you have paid the money according to the game to steam
now its upto you when you start/resume your download

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

No trouble whatsoever. I have downloaded games of size 15 GB with my 256 kbps connection stopping and resuming infinite number of times in the process

Morpheus

Broken In

IMO it is better to buy it from flipkart or nextworld for ~900 INR rather than paying $30-60 for steam version. Also, you won't have to download anything except patches.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz

its perfectly safe
resume whenever you want
after all you have paid the money according to the game to steam
now its upto you when you start/resume your download

No trouble whatsoever. I have downloaded games of size 15 GB with my 256 kbps connection stopping and resuming infinite number of times in the process

Thanks guys. Have very bad experience with Origin that is why I asked.

IMO it is better to buy it from flipkart or nextworld for ~900 INR rather than paying $30-60 for steam version. Also, you won't have to download anything except patches.

Yeah,Max Payne is cheaper on Flipkart. Steam's weekend deals are good though.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

Hey guys.. someone please let me know if you have experimented the same.

I installed steam on C Drive(That time I had no idea what steam is) Now only 1 GB is left there, and I have 20 GB of game in steam. Now I want to reinstall steam in Drive D. After reinstalling if I copy the entire steamapp folder in D Drive, will steam synchronise it? I Dont want to download all the files again :( . And I tried all possible ways of freeing data from C Drive.

P.S :- Ordered CS:GO.. just now got the copy. Thanks to flipkart. I will not be able to play untill this problem solved...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

copy complete steam folder to another directory and then go to the steam folder and execute steam.exe. It will update the directories and bindings.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz

Formatted my PC yesterday and now after installing steam whenever I try to login Steam is stuck on connecting screen. Tried re-installing,no help. steam.JPG

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Strange. It means that Steam is able to connect but unable to open main window. My advice is to try again and let that Window stay. Even my Steam gets stuck there sometimes and opening the main window takes time. Click the show desktop switch on Windows 7 taskbar and let it load peacefully :)

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz

Strange. It means that Steam is able to connect but unable to open main window. My advice is to try again and let that Window stay. Even my Steam gets stuck there sometimes and opening the main window takes time. Click the show desktop switch on Windows 7 taskbar and let it load peacefully :)

I've let it stay for almost an hour each on 2-3 different instances. I'll re-install again today,let's see what happens.

Top Bottom