STEAM cant find games after Windows Reinstall

Before, my STEAM was installed in C drive (by default) but all my games are installed in D Drive

I had my C drive reformatted and reinstalled from scratch

Now i downloaded Steam again, from scratch, updated it fully. But it cant find the games anymore. Moreover Path of Exile doesnt even show up there.

My games are still intact.

DOTA 2 is in-------- D:\Games\DOTA 2\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta ---8.64GB
(doesnt have Diretide,New Year and Chinese New Year patch)

Path of Exile is in --- D:\Games\DOTA 2\SteamApps\common\Path of Exile ---4.87GB

i know those are crazy install paths but Steam wasnt very clear in their instructions when i was installing these two games.

So how do i make STEAM find these games?

- - - Updated - - -

And whenever i try to bypass Steam client by directly running from the game's exe, I get the normal Valve intro with the Valve head and then i'm brought back to desktop and Steam client asking me to INSTALL the game when the friggin GAME IS ALREADY THERE!!!
Same prob with Path of Exile
*i61.tinypic.com/m7c7zm.jpg

gameranand

Living to Play
Just proceed with the process and it will recognize the game files. It'll only download the updates, don't worry. :)
However please make the backup of those folders. And from next time on make Backup from Steam Client and then simple restore it, lengthy but a proper process and you will never get screwed.

flyingcow

Shibe
where is your new steam installed?? lets say D:\steam
copy your

D:\Games\DOTA 2\SteamApps

To

d:\steam\

then open steam

Top Bottom