Static Dsl. Fc6 Config=?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I have an internet connection which has static ip address or it's ip address changes at every logon. How to configure it in FC-6? If possible, explain it using screenshots as i have not installed FC-6 now. I have to burn isos to cds.

cranky

Broken In
During installation, there comes the network settings part in the end, choose the DHCP option, that may work for you.

I have a doubt ... If your IP address changes at every logon, then i think its not static then.

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
cranky said:
During installation, there comes the network settings part in the end, choose the DHCP option, that may work for you.

I have a doubt ... If your IP address changes at every logon, then i think its not static then.
It does not change @ every logon. Let\'s say that i connected my DSL today @ 10 am with the ip 220.159.145.169, then the whole day it will remain the same even when i logout and login again.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If you have a static IP, then just select Static IP in place of DHCP and put in the values of IP, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS that have been given to you.
If you don't know the values then you must be using DHCP.

eddie

El mooooo
The Unknown said:
It does not change @ every logon. Let\'s say that i connected my DSL today @ 10 am with the ip 220.159.145.169, then the whole day it will remain the same even when i logout and login again.
Try with DHCP first because most of the DSL providers use this method to give IP Address to their users. Do you use any dialer to dial into your ISP?

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
In Windows, i do not use any dialer to connect to my ISP. I hv to just turn on my modem and point my browser to reliancebroadband.co.in and login with my uname+pass. also if i view the connection\'s prop, it shows that ip is assigned by DHCP.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
you got a dynamic though sticky IP address..but will not help as its not fully static.AND U most prolly need wvdial to dialout for reliance connxn.just search in this section

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
freebird said:
you got a dynamic though sticky IP address..but will not help as its not fully static.AND U most prolly need wvdial to dialout for reliance connxn.just search in this section

It seems that you did not read my post. I said i reqire only to login thru my browser. No Dialer is installed. And my connection is thru LAN.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
It means U got internet already!:confused: and u cant browse web pages through ur browser?if that is the case u should try in firefox setting for proxy>auto detect proxy settings:rolleyes:
and afaik in GNU/Linux afaik U simply cant get connected via browsing into a web site.i mean,@tleast reliance site needs to be connected na?sorry,if i am wrong and for my ignorance..
wvdial is a script that contains ISP username,passwd dialout number etc.

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
freebird said:
It means U got internet already!:confused: and u cant browse web pages through ur browser?if that is the case u should try in firefox setting for proxy>auto detect proxy settings:rolleyes:
and afaik in GNU/Linux afaik U simply cant get connected via browsing into a web site.i mean,@tleast reliance site needs to be connected na?sorry,if i am wrong and for my ignorance..
wvdial is a script that contains ISP username,passwd dialout number etc.

You still did not understand. I have internet and i am using it now to post here.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
OK tell the exact procedure you follow when you connected to reliace the first time, or maybe after a format?
Better way would be to call up reliace CC and ask them.

praka123

left this forum longback
Do U have a LAN?then setting dhcp is the best solution.Also if u have a single computer which uses direct connxn with reliance phone.then in linux ppl mostly uses wvdialconf command to configure and use the connxn.

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
@praka123
i do not have a dialup con. it\'s an u/l DSL which connects thru my LAN card. my comp. is single.

@Mehul

I have an ADSL modem which is connected to a line & LAN card. I have to just turn on my ADSL modem and point my browser to reliancebroadband.co.in and login.

praka123

left this forum longback
so i think u have ur router/modem configured and contains username and password,in that case i think just u need to set network as dhcp,that's all:)

BTW do reliance offers BB?

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
praka123 said:
so i think u have ur router/modem configured and contains username and password,in that case i think just u need to set network as dhcp,that\'s all:)

BTW do reliance offers BB?

no. i hv to login @ relaincebroadband.co.in wth my id+pass

freebird

Debian Rocks!
seems like a new thing,solution will be to configure the adsl/pppoe connxn using adsl-setup command or gui in fedora.it stores ur password and authenticate to reliance servers.give it a try.

eddie

El mooooo
Just try it with DHCP first
*fedora.redhat.com/docs/install-guide/fc6/en/ch-networkconfig.html

Follow that guide and allow Fedora to setup your network using DHCP. Reboot your system and then point your browser to that reliance login page...just like you do in Windows. Lets see what happens then.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
@The Unknown disconnect the adapter and line which is coming into modem whole night(24hrs) then saw ur ip is change or not

eddie

El mooooo
mediator said:
^U dont have to reboot, just re-activate the network device!
Didn't know if there is any "button" there to do that. Never used Fedora so gave the kind of response usual Windows users understand :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom