STALKER:Clear Sky -->> Highly under-rated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I started playing STALKR : Clear Sky couple of days back. Just read the GSpot review and saw that they gave it a 7.0/10.0 ........now this is BS. The game is just amazing. I cant post a review as I have hardly played 1 and half hour of the game but as far as I have played, I am impressed. The visuals are justmind-blowing and the game scales very well. The lightinig and reflections look photo-realistic. The story might be a little flawed but it aint that bad. The gameplay is pretty robust and the haunting ambience is enuff to make you play this game!

Awesome game. Just made this thread to tell you that the game is superb.

amitash

Intel OCer
personally i do not like the game one little bit....I like fps's in in which there is brilliant gameplay,Gfx and good guns and freedom...al clear sky offers are the Gfx

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
personally i do not like the game one little bit....I like fps's in in which there is brilliant gameplay,Gfx and good guns and freedom...al clear sky offers are the Gfx

You havent played the game well then.......coz it offers freedom plus amazing gameplay..... the Sci-Fi Guns factor is missing but I am happy without it! The game just pulls you in!

K..can u post some screen shots and story summary ?

sorry dude but I am downloading some torrents :)))) so I cant upload right now.....

But I have uploaded some at my XFire profile....go have a look

www.xfire.com/profile/paranj

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is always underrated :p .. mainly because the first release is always full of bugs that do ruin the gaming experience .. and by the time most major bugs are patched , people have moved onto some other game :p .. Story is probably one reason people like me keep on going trying to forget the bugs :p .. i simply love this game too much to under rate it :) ... man the ambiance rulez !!!

:O .. have u even bothered to play through the game ?? .. i don't think so .. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. offers gameplay , gfx , lots of guns with custom modifications and most importantly the freedom in gameplay ... lol .. obviously u don't expect a BFG in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :p ..

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I'm installing it soon, they have fixed many bugs.
The thing is that we are used to shiny graphics and hate to see the gritty ones. And for most of the players like instant action. Yes my one of my fav fps is Doom 3.

But STALKER defined a new dimension to my gaming (another one is Prey). I was totally engrossed into the atmosphere and the realistic ballistics. Its kind of simulation. So obviously arcade gamers will hate it when they see that the guns are not accurate. But this realism factor was another thing that plunged me into this game. Cool artifacts, deadly anomalies and mutants like Bloodsucker, snork, controller are just so freaking awesome

I was kind of spending my whole time in exploring the zone and its secrets. Indeed the developers hav put a lot of details in it.

And for that matter Bioshock was the most buggiest for me. Developers went for vacation while players got frustrated with no patch released.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I'm installing it soon, they have fixed many bugs.
The thing is that we are used to shiny graphics and hate to see the gritty ones. And for most of the players like instant action. Yes my one of my fav fps is Doom 3.

But STALKER defined a new dimension to my gaming (another one is Prey). I was totally engrossed into the atmosphere and the realistic ballistics. Its kind of simulation. So obviously arcade gamers will hate it when they see that the guns are not accurate. But this realism factor was another thing that plunged me into this game. Cool artifacts, deadly anomalies and mutants like Bloodsucker, snork, controller are just so freaking awesome

I was kind of spending my whole time in exploring the zone and its secrets. Indeed the developers hav put a lot of details in it.

And for that matter Bioshock was the most buggiest for me. Developers went for vacation while players got frustrated with no patch released.

Till date, I have installed BioShock 8 times on both XP and Vista and was only able to get it work 2 times :razz:. Other times, either there was no sound or the visuals were corrupted. STALKER is waay less buggy than BioShock.

arijit_2404

still find time for games
Till date, I have installed BioShock 8 times on both XP and Vista and was only able to get it work 2 times :razz:. Other times, either there was no sound or the visuals were corrupted. STALKER is waay less buggy than BioShock.

^^
I have just finished Bioshock 2 days ago. Still installed because I might be playing it once more from vista using DX10. :D
It was awesome.

Did you get right torrent? ;)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^naah just go to Bioshock forum and you will know that problem is with genuine users too.

They also banned one user when they couldn't help him...lolz.

In my case it used to crash at one specific point, I tried hell lots of workarounds but still the problem wouldnt budge. So quit playing it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I would really like to give S.T.A.L.K.E.R: SOC a try again before drawing any conclusions.The last time I tried it on my 7900GT the frame rates weren't that impressive & the gameplay didn't seem that exciting.I hate RPG's to the core but am really willing to give this one another try.

As for Bioshock, I can safely say that it's been the best game to ever run on my card.No locking up, zero crashes, no sound issues or texture corruption.The buggiest so far have been Crysis Warhead, Conflict Denied Ops & Blacksite Area 51.:mad:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
let me tell you STALKER is not a RPG, its more like a determined simulation FPS with passage of time you feel your character more in control and skills more honed with much more powerful weapons of your choice (yeah there are many weapons to choose, many custom modified ones too). My faves are GP36 and Tundar for close combat and Vintar BC for sniping. The pace too advances and the blood rushing levels are at the end, it was really hard to get past Monoliths. Remember to explore and enjoy the secrets of zone, do not rush.

But yeah it may not sound good to your taste at the end of day. So better save yourself with some other game.

Oh btw I liked Bioshock too but damn couldn't play it more than 2 levels.

arijit_2404

still find time for games
Even I have played Bioshock without any error, lockup, crash and freeze. Crysis crashed once (mine entrance... before awakening).

BTW, topic wise, I never played STALKER and really like to. I have original STALKER DVD but never installed it. After finishing Crysis, I'll try it out. It looks interesting.

I love RPG.
Baldur's gate series and Icewind Dale series are awesome. Anyone here?

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Remember to explore and enjoy the secrets of zone, do not rush.
That's the point.I'm just rushing like Rambo to try & get some fast action, the next second I realise I'm out of ammo & lying on the ground like a dead duck.:confused:

I guess I need to build more patience & play this slowly once.:)

Oh btw I liked Bioshock too but damn couldn't play it more than 2 levels.
Bugs, I presume? ;)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I left the original STALKER midway coz my old 6200TC couldn't handle that level when all the animals come rushing towards you as soon as the level loads, with all that lightning and stuff. Gave it up then and there. It was pretty engaging at first, but not the fast-paced action that's generally expected from FPSs. I'm on a new gfx card now, so maybe I'll give it one more try. :)

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
STALKER requires a lot of patience, tactics and mind power to get through. Especially the new Clear Sky as it is more hard. I am having fun with it. The game is just awesome. The graphics and I love RPGs so no problem with me. The onl RPG which failed to impress me was Mass Effect (too boring as a RPG.). Really loved Oblivion. I have logged in around 140 hours playing Oblivion with a single character. Ya, its that fun. Right now 'getting' The Witcher and planning to go crazy over it as I have Navaratri break from Sunday to Thursday :D.

All in all, gaming is made for fun and relaxation. No hard and fast rule.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Yup, my name is Paranj.

I study in class 8th and I live in Rajkot/Gujarat.....:)

Good to know that ..But 8th class and so much death/heavy metal listener like Slipknot etc :confused: :confused::confused: I think u shud try to restrict that as in small age it can drive u to violence/negative thinking ..since ur not mature ...

Mujhe to 8th class main metal ka M bhi nahin pata tha ....:p

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
That's the point.I'm just rushing like Rambo to try & get some fast action, the next second I realise I'm out of ammo & lying on the ground like a dead duck.:confused:
First time I was also frustrated as I found myself with puny, less than accurate pistol and Military at the checkpost. I just uninstalled it and then felt if only they could make it like Doom 3 or Prey, I would be more than happy to play it.

But after few days of boredom I reinstalled it and this time applied some brainwork, I explored the area and found an alternate way. Beside I also happend to find some AKM rifles too from bandits and a shotgun from a dead bandit lying in frot of army brricade. Now that was some real goodies for me to start. This time I was loaded with weapons and spent one more day to declare guirella war on bandits, looted them to get enough ammo. Lastly I took the revenge, just blasted all milirary guys at barricade one by one, locked and loaded :D Hahaha that was real fun !

By then I was fascinated by the A-Life and the zone's secrets. Also realized that it can't be another Doom 3, its something unique and disticnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom