Ssd advice

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think if warranty and service is an issue, only option is to get a Corsair (no idea about Intel). Else you can always take a chance.

Force GT is good btw. Check the Tom's Hardware's SSD hierarchy chart. They are placed pretty high.

Problem with Samsung drives is that by spending a little bit more you get twice the storage space, with comparable reliability and real world performance difference is negligible. The way games are taking up space, even a 120/128gb drive will look small after some time.

d3p

PowerHouse
Ico, RMA of Samsung SSDs would be an issue. It is confirmed that Samsung India isn't importing any SSD and therefore they won't provide any support against any RMA application.

RMA of Samsung SSD's is given by either Primeabgb or OnlySSD.com.

If it does have official distri in India (search in their site) then it is a good choice otherwise not.

Same with Corsair.

If OCZ have official distri or presence in india, then Vertes3 is a very good choice. Otherwise, welll... be warned about RMA.

OCZ SSD RMA is handled by tirupati & Accel frontline. I guess this topic was also discussed in Hardware Price threads few months back.

red dragon

Master troll
Is it ok to buy from this seller?
Intel Solid-State Drive 330 Series 120GB SATA 6Gbps 2.5-inch SSD - SSDSC2CT120A | eBay
I have a 1k discount coupon valid till tomorrow,please help!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
haha...primeabgb had a sale few days back. I wonder how many bought Force GT from them.

I did, and the serial/batch no. that was recalled is not the same they have. I am using the SSD with no problems, got it for 7000/- incl shipping.
If you are worried, ask them the serial number on phone/mail before ordering.

@sandeep3010, There was a problem with certain shipment, which they recalled. And this was last year, they have new stuff in market now (unless some shopkeeper still has the faulty SSD's)

Last edited:

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Intel Solid-State Drive 330 Series 120GB SATA 6Gbps 2.5-inch SSD - SSDSC2CT120A | eBay

Positive feedback for that user is pretty low at 92%.
For me, not advisable. Let wait for others to chip in with their views.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
where do you want to put his SSD?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Vertex 4? Not on top of the list. Force GS has some good performance but unfortunately firmware 1.5 is captain buzzkill since TRIM doesn't work while I was doing the TRIM test.

red dragon

Master troll
where do you want to put his SSD?
A 2010 Macbook Pro.It comes with SATAII,but will upgrade the laptop in near future,so looking for SATA III SSDs.
Is Crucial M4 for 8.6k is a decent deal?
Vertex 4 is a very good option,but there are a few threads running in OCZ forums about the problems faced on Macs.

red dragon

Master troll
Received the SSD on 16th,swapped it with the ageing 5.4k rpm drive in a 2010 macbook pro.
The procedure was very simple,took just 10-15 minutes...installed Mountain Lion from scratch,and boy!!The 2.5 year old laptop is flying!Boot time (from cold boot)13 seconds,shutting down time must be less than 3 seconds!
NOW the problem!!
Can not find any optibay caddy to swap the superdrive with the old hdd in ebay India!!
Where can I buy it online?
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Top Bottom