Spyware/Adware in Bombermania

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Hi Everybody.
I wanted to warn everybody who bought this month's Digit Magazine (January 2005).
There is a game called Bombermania in the CD/DVD.
Don't install it. Why u may ask!
First of all, the game installs a lot of spywares/adwares along with itself onto the computer thereby comprimising the computer's security & u'r privacy.
Secondly, the spywares/adwares that were installed slowed my system as there were some background spyware/adware programs too that ran on Windows startup.
It took me about about 4-5 runs of spyware removal softwares like Ad-Aware & Spybot to remove all the spywares/adwares successfully from my computer.
Lastly, the game is crap. It takes up a lot of system resources.
All those who have installed it, I suggest u remove the game & run some spyware removal softwares to completely clean u'r system of the spywares/adwares.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
first ..
dont make so many threads for the same topic ..

second ..
u shud have posted in Digit Discussion section

-----
alibi

swatkat

Technomancer
Yes, a lot of silly small computer games which comes as trialware bundle a lot of spy/adwares such as WhenU,SaveNow or some Weather Report etc.
It's better to not install them at all.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I like the bomber man that we play in our old video games..., so wanted it to try that out.

I installed it, as as guhan said, it takes up resource, and me having only 128mb ram. So i uninstalled it.

The game got uninstalled and that "pay n shop" Spyware dint get uninstalled. :( . It dint get removed and i whenever i try and uninstall it , my computer got hung.

Then after a few attempts, i tried removing it thro antisypware and even then it took some time to dump it.

PM byte and tell him not to download these typa games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom