Spybot S&D - Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nariman

Journeyman
Am using winXP Pro SP2.
Regularly run microsoft AntiSpyware Beta 1, Spybot S&D 1.3 and Spyware Doctor.

Today whilst running Spybot S&D it reported the following one problem :

+ Windows.Explorer
HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore\NoClose=W=0
HKEY_USERS\5-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore\NoClose=W=0

On clicking Fix Problem it gives message 2 problems fixed with a ?

Runnin the program again the same result. Finds same problem and fixes problem with a question mark.

Please help me get rid of this entry which Spybot cannot and not reported by AntiSpyware Beta 1 and Spyware Doctor.

Should I delete this entry from the Registry ?

I look forward to hearing from you guys

Nariman

shovik

Banned
the registry entries for spybot has been corrupted in your case. this is a common affair with spybot. and also don't go with microsoft's anit-spyware solution as its still in the beta stage.
uninstall spybot and run a good registry cleaner such as registry mechanic and clean the left over debris. then install ad-aware or spyware doctor for a stable protection..
if you need more help feel free to contact me at <deb_shovik@yahoo.com>

regards,
Shovik.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Why not manually remove those entries from Registry! :)
Simply fire regedit and goto following keys one by one:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\
HKEY_USERS\5-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\

And remove the value NoClose

selva1966

Journeyman
Many people fear editing registry manually, including MYSELF.
It it better to utilise the services of System Mechanic or TuneUp utilities etc., if you have them.

anandk

Distinguished Member
update to spybot 1.4 and scan.
and then pls revert.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Vishal Gupta said:
Why not manually remove those entries from Registry! :)
Simply fire regedit and goto following keys one by one:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\
HKEY_USERS\5-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\

And remove the value NoClose

one question which I always wanted to ask.. dono wtf is up with explorer policies or spybot.. that biyatch comes up again n again with same crap in the results

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
U can simply add those entries in Ignored items! :)
So next time Spybot will not show them in the result...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I have been using Spybot for the last two years, updating it whenever new version is available and scanning using it at least once weekly. It never detected anything. BTW I surf the net for 1-2 hours everyday. Is it normal? (My XP is also always updated.)

anandk

Distinguished Member
janitha said:
I have been using Spybot for the last two years, updating it whenever new version is available and scanning using it at least once weekly. It never detected anything. BTW I surf the net for 1-2 hours everyday. Is it normal? (My XP is also always updated.)

yep. dont worry. addtitionally install spywareblaster
from *www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Status
Not open for further replies.