Speakers at 1.5k Creative A335 or Edifier X100

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Hey guys

After getting flamed by all of you for trying to purchase super cheapo speakers at 1000 I decided to up my budget a little and go for some sensible 2.1 systems. I mainly need a speaker since the speakers on my laptop are a disgrace to speakers everywhere. I'll be usually listening to songs on these or playing the ocassional game - rocksmith mainly.

It finally has come down to choosing one of the below

1. Creative SBS A335 Multimedia Speakers: highest RMS at 5W satellite and 11W sub, creative brand name, what I don't like is an exposed subwoofer diaphragm and the fact that they are overcharging me for the creative brand at 1.6k

2. Edifier X100: Slightly less power than the creatives, has a wooden body and a pretty good SNR. The downside is the lack of a wired volume control and there is no bass control at all. Everyone on the digit forums loves Edifier so am considering this :) again at 1.6k

What would you all suggest? plus is there a good speaker that I am missing? perhaps a umax or an Altec Lansing?

Last edited:
OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
The wired controller is a very useful thing. That was my main concern, is the edifier so good that i disregard the wired controller, higher power and brand name of the creative set

Top Bottom