Sound is frustating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus Guy

Broken In
Friends when i run my system it makes sound it may be fan sound even when i go for standby or hibernate my system makes sound. From the very first day i bought system(6 months back) it is making sound, my friends told it is normal since it is dual core.
The sound is frustating me.
Configuration :
Ram :512MB
HD : 80GB
Motherboard : MSI
processor : intel pentium D

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
It will make sound cause ur fans are working.

In standby ...The comp. isn't totally off ....So to maintain the Temperature, fans work.
So no reason to worry.

RexRazr

Broken In
sometimes the system do get turned off in stand by mode (fans stop working as well)...it depends on the type of the motherboard i think

my previous pentium based system's cpu fan used to make a lot of sound too sometimes...while booting up mostly...just like the heavy pick up of a sports car lolz...but the system had no flaws...one of my friend's system has the same noise still

i don't think it's much to worry about...

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Yes it should be fine..
but just do check that if you have installed a cabinet fan, it is running at good speed. In my case my cabinet fan was making more noise because it was not spinning at good and steady speed. Note that here I am just refering to the cabinet fan.
I guess these days you do get systems wherein the CPU fan speed gets adjusted as per CPU temp.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The fan noise might increase with the amount of dust in it. Use a vacuum cleaner's blower to blow off the dust. So the fan can push same amount of air with less stress and speed, so noise ll be reduced dramatically.

Also it ll make real noise if the fan bearing is not aligned. If its a cabby fan, then get another one for 50 bucks. In case of proccy fans then see if ur mobo supports any CPU fan control utility like Q-fan[Asus mobos]. It ll regulate fan speed in accordance with CPU temps and concentrate on keeping the noise low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom