Sony slashes Playstation Price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Dude we're not talking about the PC emulating the console. Let's be a bit more realistic. I can easily top your friend's configuration but that doesn't mean I will be able to run PS2 games on acceptable frame rates. The problem is not PC hardware but the software emulator, which hasn't reached perfection. Unlike the emulator which we had for PSX, the PS2's emulation is far more complicated then we think. So at this point, for 5.5k, a PS2 would be a much better option then whatever graphic upgrade you consider. If you don't game then that's your choice. I have tried this emulation thing for so long that I actually ended up buying a PS2 instead. Guess what? It's the best choice I made. ;-)

+1...

Emulation sux...PS2 rox....

Dude we're not talking about the PC emulating the console. Let's be a bit more realistic. I can easily top your friend's configuration but that doesn't mean I will be able to run PS2 games on acceptable frame rates. The problem is not PC hardware but the software emulator, which hasn't reached perfection. Unlike the emulator which we had for PSX, the PS2's emulation is far more complicated then we think. So at this point, for 5.5k, a PS2 would be a much better option then whatever graphic upgrade you consider. If you don't game then that's your choice. I have tried this emulation thing for so long that I actually ended up buying a PS2 instead. Guess what? It's the best choice I made. ;-)
Is it so ? Because my friend is able to play at acceptable FPS, while with GameCube and Xbox emulators, he gets better FPS than the consoles (he uses dolphin emulator for gamecube if I remember right).

Back to the original topic please?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
If system config is what all we need to care about then my PC can easily emulate 2-3 PS2s.

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Aww.. I was looking forward to a price cut in PSP :(
I've tried emulating PS2 games before and it never worked..

raksrules

Youngling
PS2 FTW

I mainly use it for playing those 700 MB rips and watching the same in the glory of my TV.
Pure fun

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i tried emulating too when i didnt had ps2 , but it sucked . also i dont like playing on tv . and i didnt find vga box to play on tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom