Sony or Samsung?

Nakul

Right off the assembly line
I have planned to buy a 32inch LED TV. Initially I was inclined towards sony, however, I ve heard that samsung is also good. Kindly advice. N 1 more thing... among LED and LCD which is the better one?

Last edited:
For a comparison between Sony and Samsung, visit here :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/tvs-monitors/135313-32-led-tv-help-mumbai.html

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
I'll too suggest Samsung, Sony prices are overkill if you are on a limited budget and want superior performance better go for SAMSUNG / LG. Mostly SAMSUNG.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Look at lg and panasonic panels. They are ips panels and have great viewing angles. Samsung 5 series kind of looked blackish when viewed from sides.

Also samsung service is crappy. They have not yet replaced my 20inch monitor which they promised for the past 2-3 months. Its same for lcd tv's too. They give preference to the higher 6,7,8 & 9 series.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Nakul: Buddy if u want top notch class in quality than SONY else Samsung is under reachable budget for common man....

ithehappy

Human Spambot
From the experience of last 15 years, and now with Bravia, definitely SONY. :). Keep in mind, Price of Sony is not an overkill, never was, (When I purchase a TV I don't even look at other brands) and if you have some problem with them then the next most reliable is Panasonic as Vicky said.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
sony TV are more reliable than LG or samsung.. cost is lil bit more in comparision to other brand with same or few more feature..
but build and sound quality wise sony is perfect

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Is the quality difference really that big between Sony and else.

I also plan to buy an LCD tv. 40". What should I try..?

Zangetsu

Yup...its SONY....:-D

I suggest u to go for Samsung/LG/Sony LED TV...instead of LCD :cool:
coz of superior quality & low power consumption of LED :mrgreen:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
55-60K is fine. But I want large size, so I can view movies from a distance. USB plugged. Minor gaming at times. But mostly for movies. Not DTH since I hardly watch it. Only cricket and news.

Zangetsu

55-60K is fine. But I want large size, so I can view movies from a distance. USB plugged. Minor gaming at times. But mostly for movies. Not DTH since I hardly watch it. Only cricket and news.

so u will watch cricket & news thru internet?

40" is enuf for a viewing distance of 10~12 feet....:cool:
look for LG Infinia LED or Samsung Series 6

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Meaning I have DTH at home but use it rare. It is hooked, but channel viewing is low.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@Anil, You have good budget mate, of course you should go for Sony, and you will also get LED backlited LCD TV in that budget with USB plugin and of course Full HD. Again we are missing it, There is no LED tv out there, like Monitors it's all LCD technology backlited by LED, so whatever you buy will be a LCD one, now if you wanna go LED or IPS that depends on you :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

I prefer Samsung and LG over Sony. It's better to go to a showroom, take your own HD movie and try them out. Sony mainly sells due to their brand reputation and they've overpriced TVs compared to the competition. (opinion)

I had gone to buy a Sony LCD TV last year, came back home with an LG. Picture quality wise, it was much better than any Sony TV out there. Same with Liverpool_fan. No idea about the current scenario though.

^^
Meaning I have DTH at home but use it rare. It is hooked, but channel viewing is low.
Then I think there isn't any point of getting one at the moment. :p May be afterwards when you'll really need it. ;)

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
well reputation for a brand is also very difficult to build..

sony is good in sound and picture too.. but @asingh - choose 1 model from both brand.. check out at showroom and then decide.. that would be really help..

are u interested in LED or LCD? coz in 40" screen within ur prices there are already were less option.

Zangetsu

IIt's better to go to a showroom, take your own HD movie and try them out.

yup....& compare LED vs LCD side by side...
when I went to showroom they were using ICE Age 3....I tested both LED & LCD....if u dont look carefully both will look same in quality...but scrutinize the edges of characters or objects LED were @par with LCD....

so look for edges sharpness in both :cool:

Top Bottom