Sony 42W900B vs LG 42LB6500

Gollum

Collector
Allright, then i am finally going with Sony 42W900B.. I hope it plays MKV and MP4 formats using HDD?

If Sony does that well, i am not thinking twice before purchasing it.
Do take a Hard Drive to the shop so that you can test and not regret later.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Allright, then i am finally going with Sony 42W900B.. I hope it plays MKV and MP4 formats using HDD?

If Sony does that well, i am not thinking twice before purchasing it.

I am not sure but I don't think Sony will able to play MKV.

- - - Updated - - -

I will zero down between Sony 42W900 and LG 42LB6700.. Sony is 6-7K dearer than LG, but also has better motion rate, better looks and Inbuilty camera.. But still, i would be waiting for your views.

If are getting this tv for 3D movies I will strongly suggest you to go with LG.

- - - Updated - - -

dude i just got 42LB6500 and the picture quality is at par with Sony. Sony's colors look more bright if you are watching it for few mins, but if you watch the picture for like an 30 mins or so you might get an headache due to, too much luminescence. I got 42lb6500 for 60K with 3d blu-ray player at Noida. so try a bargain you might get it at a lower price. Rest is upto you. and yes the WebOS is great.

You can easily decrease backlit from setting so not an issue.

OP
R

rishisab

Broken In
watched both the models side by side (w900b and lb6700) at ezoneonline.. and i was so confused that i couldn't take the decision and it was the last day today (of the ezone offer) :p

Anyways, the picture quality of both the TVs is almost similar.. They were running their own demo content (as there was no cable connection there) and Sony's content was very bright... However, the build quality of Sony is much better and it looks better in comparison to LG. However, you can get shocks (electricity shocks) while touching its bezels.. i guess they are made of metal..

The WEBOS of LG was way better than Sony. Viewing angles of LG were better.

But, i found the 3d better on Sony (as it was not breaking).. But they didn't play the same 3D video on both the TVs so i can't say it for sure..

The guys, there, told me to go for Sony. Even my parents said the trademark line "Beta Sony sabse acha".. But i dont know.. why i didnt go for it..

The dealers there asked me to purchase 47W950A for 89K (without cam and with active 3D).. It was a discontinued model so i didnt go for it :)

So, like my post, i am very confused and frustrated right now.. Isse acha to seedha jaao and koi bhi TV utha laao yaar.. Itna magaj khaapane main koi faayida nahi..

As far as accessories go, Sony comes with a Skype Cam, Blu Ray player, 2 3D glasses and 1 one flick remote... On the other hand, LG provides a 3D Blu Ray player, 1 year additional warranty, 4 3D glasses, 1 magic remote, 1 Swivel Stand...

But still, like i said, i am very confused.. So, tell me guys..... konsa TV loon yaar.. aise to koi decision nahi hoga..

$hadow

Geek in making
Your best bet was to check out the TV personally and then decide it is now up to you to get that which you like most.

Top Bottom