[Solved] Windows 8 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

subhransu123

Journeyman
I have HCL ME Xite 45 Laptop.It has 2 GB RAM.Can I install Windows 8 32 bit in my laptop.In Hcl website no driver software is available for windows 8 for this model.So if I can install windows 8 in my system.So please help me to find the place where I can get the required driver software.I have windows 7 driver software.please help.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Install CPU-Z, obtain the details of the chipset and download the drivers accordingly.
And for network drivers use 3DP Net.

OP
S

subhransu123

Journeyman
Thanks for ur reply.But i can get system information from CPU-Z.But where can i get all driver software for my laptop for windows 8 32 bit

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Indeed the HCL website does not list any drivers specifically for Windows 8. Try any/all of the following steps -

1. Try installing the drivers for Windows 7 in Windows 8. If they install properly, that means the same driver would do for Windows 8. Otherwise the setup would produce some error like "Operating system not supported" at startup itself.

2. Use Intel® Driver Update Utility. It detects your laptop for outdated drivers and lists the required drivers for you to download and install. In most cases this works. If the utility does not work in Internet Explorer (there's some bug with IE), use Firefox (with Java installed).

3. Use some driver update utility like SlimDrivers Free which automatically detects and downloads the necessary drivers (Use this method only if (2) does not work).

OP
S

subhransu123

Journeyman
Thanks all for ur valuable reply.I installed Windows 8 in my PC .No drivers needed to install.Only touchpad drivers is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom