[SOLVED] Google play problem on Micromax Funbook

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Google Play is not opening on my new Micromax Funbook. It says ''connection timeout'' whenever I tried to open it. Other application like google map, google talk and youtube running absolutely fine, no problem whats-so ever. When I first open the google play, I set the existing gmail a/c and it login it successfully but after that it says that error. I am using internet over wifi with BSNL broadband.

I tried this method to clean data and cache of Google play and download manager. But success. Someone suggested me to check the port of google play i.e. Google Play (TCP and UDP 5228). But how to check that?? I am fresh noob when it comes to Android :-o ...
I need expert suggestion. Please help me :cry:
If your application has stalled at "Starting download", please use the following troubleshooting steps to help complete your download:

Confirm that your device is on the list of supported devices, which means it's supported for use with the Google Play Store app. If your device is not on this list, please contact your manufacturer with questions.
For paid applications, confirm your credit card information is up to date by signing in to your Google Wallet account.
Cancel and restart the download.
Restart your phone, then try downloading the app again.
Confirm there is connectivity to either wireless or cellular networks on your device, and contact your mobile service provider if you aren't connected.
Try your download(s) using both wireless and cellular network connections, and ensure firewalls aren’t blocking access to ports required for Google Play (TCP and UDP 5228).
Make sure you've cleared the cache and data of both the Google Play Store app and the Download manager. Here's how:
Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
Tab over to "All"
Select the Google Play Store app, and then tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache;" then, select Download manager and tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache"
You must be able to successfully sign into Google Talk to download Android apps on Google Play. Make sure your device is signed into Google Talk by following these steps:
Go to your phone’s app launcher, and press the Talk app.
If you’re already signed into Talk, press Menu, and then touch Sign out.
Launch Talk again to sign in.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Re: Google play problem on Micromax Funbook

I'd suggest do a factory reset simply and set up A/c again and start it all over again from the beginning.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Yeah I cleaned cache but what do you mean by flasing google app. :-o

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

But how to install only google play market??

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Can anyone provide me link of latest Google play installer ??

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Or just wait some times google apps faces problems.Even i had it once.Just waited for 1-2 days it was fine

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

To in install this new version, should I need to uninstall the previous version.
Previous version is 3.4.4

Still its not working ...same error :(

Anyone??

How many min. it takes to setup google play?? It says, i need to sign up my gmail a/c through browser ...after login it says processing ...it taking so much time :(

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

I'd say get in touch with Micromax regarding the support.

As this doesn't have any Custom Recovery, it's not possible to flash GAAPS too. :(

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Contacted Micromax Support, they asked me take the tab to service center.
Here's their address
Cell O sevice
P-17, Mission Row Extension, Dharmatala, Dharmatala Kolkata, West Bengal 700013
033 40037294

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

As far as the port blocking is considered, there is no chance that TCP port would be blocked. For UDP, just check in your router settings that "UPnP" setting is enabled.

noob

Cyborg Agent

Its working fine..my office friend brought it today. Installed few apps....

Thanks Sujay, now checking UDP port .

Can you check your BSNL router settings ? just check if something is wrong in it. I am not sure exactly which things you need to check.

Also take it to your friends house and check it on his wifi if possible.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

I have no problem in opening other application like gmail, gtalk, map or browser only google play is causin the problem. There's no firewall setting or "UPnP" option in router setting page.
I have Trendnet TEW-452BRP router.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

It has to be there. Check thoroughly. Enabling firewall in router shouldn't affect apps.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Ok check this
*i.imgur.com/ACxkb.png

So what should I do now?? Should I take it to service center? Is this device hardware fault or software fault?
I have never faced a issue like this in Nokia, Android is very complicated :(

Top Bottom