[SOLVED]DVD-DL not recognized on Dell Studio 1435

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAkshmiNArayana

Right off the assembly line
I have a Dell Studio 1435 laptop with following specs:
Intel 965 MB, 3 GB DD3 Ram, Core2Duo 2.1 GHz, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, PLDS DVD+-RW DL-8ATS ATA
My story is I bought the Digit anniversary edition the previous month with which came 3 DVDs. I used the previous edition DVDs without any problem. but when i inserted the APPS DVD after copying some data from ENTERTAINMENT DVD it hanged so i ejected it. From there none of the Dual Layer DVDs are working. Not even the previously used ENTERTAINMENT DVD or the DVD-DL of Photos & Music I burnt earlier. Even the normal re-writable DVD+/-RW are not recognized from then. All other DVDs are working fine like DVD-R and CD. All the DVDs which are not working with me are working with friends laptops.
I have tried updating the drivers, re installing firmware update but no use.
Please help me about this.
I have even bought this month issue. So if my DVD drive is not fixed i cant even use the 3 DVDs sent by DIGIT.
Thanks in advance.

OP
L

LAkshmiNArayana

Thanks for the reply.
I don't even know that the lens become weak.
But I got slotload DVD drive instead of trayload, so is that possible to replace the lens or shoul i change the whole drive??

Krow

Crowman
Maybe the Lens of your drive gone weak. Replace it and see if it works.
Maybe my brain is going weak, but my limited knowledge tells me that the lens can't go weak.
Thanks for the reply.
I don't even know that the lens become weak.
But I got slotload DVD drive instead of trayload, so is that possible to replace the lens or shoul i change the whole drive??
The lens can't go weak really. The laser may become weak sometimes and the lens may be dirty. Try a lens cleaner disc and check.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^weak is not the term to be used for a Lens.

@LAkshmiNArayana: use Lens Cleaner...if the problem persists then update the firmware of DVD Writer

Krow

Crowman
Also if you are comfortable with an external DVD RW, then you can get them real cheap. Someone was telling me that LG ones are for around 1.3k or so, but check prices locally.

OP
L

LAkshmiNArayana

Well the problem is fixed now.:smile:
I used the lens cleaner and all my DVD-DL and DVD-RW are being recognized.
I thought of using the cleaner before posting here but got lazy going and buying it.
Thanks everyone for the replies.
The mods may now close this thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom