Solaris 9 ISO's Burning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameAddict

In the zone
Hi,

Got Solaris 9(x86) ISO's. Some are bootable. Has anybody burnt them to CD's? Please let me know any goof-ups you made and how to avoid them, so as to avoid unworkable/corrupt/coaster CD's.

Any inputs are welcome! :)

Bye!

GA

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
yes i have a;; the three iso as cd. there is no trick just burn them as you would any other iso i used nero 5.5

JAK

What the Heck !
GameAddict said:
Hi,

Got Solaris 9(x86) ISO's. Some are bootable. Has anybody burnt them to CD's? Please let me know any goof-ups you made and how to avoid them, so as to avoid unworkable/corrupt/coaster CD's.

Any inputs are welcome! :)

Bye!

GA

Just fire up Nero Burnin Rom...Skip the Wizard..go to RECORDER -->Burn Image --> Browse for the ISO..and Burn.. :wink:

Some Tips for getting good burns....

1# Avoid multi Taskin when Burning a CD especially when burnin at High speeds(above 32X)
2# Disable ur Antivirus if Burnin at 40X or more..(Not for High End Computers
3# Always Choose a burnin speed of abt 4X-10X less then the max Speed the Speed offered by the CDR or burning(Whichever is smaller)
Eg: if havin a 52X burner and a CDR that supports 52X burnin..burn @ 48X or 40X

Tip: To reduce the amt of C1 errors(Quality burns..C1 errors are media dependent).. always burnin at a speed of abt 1/2 of what ur burner supports..
eg if u have a 52X burner prefer burnin at say abt 24X(Its not half of 52X..but u wont find media that supports exact 26X burn.. :wink: ) so use the next closest thing 24X or 32X.... :wink:

Hope this helps.... :wink:

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
getting all the drivers for a solaris system is a pain i am still strugling with the SATA disk solaris 9 does not support sata also the driver for a 865 is not free in case you make any headway please share the resources i want to move my solaris out of vmware into the real world.

OP
GameAddict

GameAddict

In the zone
Sure!

Hi P_C,

We will keep in touch! PM me your mail id., if it is OK!

GA

Status
Not open for further replies.