Smartphone under 14K

praneetsah

Broken In
Well my mother needs a new phone. For her all it matters is to have a great phone conversations and messaging apps (whatsapp and fb messenger). The thing is that she likes nokia (only) whereas in under 14K, I feel like Moto G is good, but she won't like it. In nokia Lumia 625 looked like a good competitor. So can anyone give me strong points for Moto G as better than Lumia 625, (having good ram won't convince her).

Apart from that, does any one have any recommendation from Sony or LG side, since I haven't looked at them.

Thanks! :)

abracadabra

Journeyman
How about the Nokia Lumia 525 over the 625? Take here to a store and see what she is comfortable with and buy it from where you get the best deal!

OP
P

praneetsah

Broken In
How about the Nokia Lumia 525 over the 625? Take here to a store and see what she is comfortable with and buy it from where you get the best deal!

I also chose the 525 at first, but then due to no flash (to be used as torch :p ) i left it. Rest all was good in 625, except the RAM, being as 512 only.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO instead of getting best for her, get her what she wanted :) :D

Yes, agree to you! :D So now let's make it Nokia specific only, so under 14K (strict), which will be the best? I have 625, 720 and 820 in mind. All of them look almost same and it's hard to decide since all of them have equal pricing!

which should i opt for? or any other Nokia?

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Lumia 720 is a good choice. good camera and build quality. RAM wont matter much unless she plans on playing heavy games

abracadabra

Journeyman
a second hand/new(if your lucky) nokia lumia 920/925 imported can be got at 15K - 16K; if your willing to take that route!

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
720 or 1320 hands down depending on preference
625 is nice but for the same price range 1320 and 720 are miles better(i owned a 625 before i bought the 720)
since your budget is 14k , get the 720,great camera,design ,features,battery life
dont listen to people when they say it only has 512mb ram,it doesnt restrict anything except a few games infact i got gta sa working on my 720 without any lag ,glitches etc
unlike android,WP has a better memory management system which ensures better battery life,performance etc than android on similiar hardware
since your mother will want the phone for social apps etc,the 720 is a better choice than the moto g,its beautiful,fast etc
avoid android for a non-techie user imho,its usually more complicated for a few tasks as compared to WP

Top Bottom