Smartphone at range 25000-29000

Minion

Conversation Architect
Really? Well I never play games on mobile phones, but I played and finished the Riptide on X, and it did stutter at some levels! Also even Flappy Bird seems to lag a bit! So I don't know. Doesn't Nexus 5 has significantly better hardware? I mean it doesn't matter to me, but still asking...

That can be due to lack of software optimisation in games.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Moto X is all rounder in 20k range while Nexus is all rounder in 26-30k range!
Consider S4 only if you get SNAPDRAGON version and not crappy Exynos version!

4.4 is ULTRA-OPTIMISED for all Moto devices!
You can't think what levels these Moto has reached to optimise the software which Google couldn't do on their Nexus series!

In short OP there are two ways to think!
1. Personal Experience -
Either you are comfortable with either of two!
Their software experience,ergonomics and design etc.
2.Or you go according to specifications!

Now you should decide which option you have to choose and which phone to buy?

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=255169]whatthefrak[/MENTION]
I have played Asphalt 8 on Moto E and XCOM on Moto X!
I never faced a lag!

Even after 1 and 1/2 month my Dad never mentioned even a single problem!
He normally keeps all apps open(New to OS na)
Wifi 24x7x365 on!
Mails messaging etc!

At the end of the day he has 10-25% battery!

Overall the best sub 5" phone

Get LG G2

It's better than other phones you listed in all respects.

Avoid N5, as battery life is average , same applies for camera too. G2, S4 have better camera & battery life. Also both should get the next android update (which also will be last one for N5, considering Google's 18 month policy)

Leave S4 too & get LG G2

Moto X doesn't stand a chance aganist G2, why compare.
The two HTC ones........... Even Moto X is better than those (except for SD card slot)

OP
varghesekiran

varghesekiran

Journeyman
Still know I thought that Nexus 5 is best of them all, but after the replies from you guys I think LG G2, Galaxy S4 and Moto X are much better.

$hadow

Geek in making
Nexus 5 is said to be avoded bcoz of low battery backup which I am unsure of. But yes battery is still a problem for many. G2 is said so because nexus 5 is based on the same platform but g2 us better coz of camera and other optimization done by lg where as nexus line up is what google intend the android to be.

ashs1

Padawan
+1 for LG G2 !! Its basically a Nexus 5 with better battery backup & better camera ( minus the vanilla android ). :)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Personal preference is great but I don't see why one would get the G2 over S4 i9505! A single point please?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Personal preference is great but I don't see why one would get the G2 over S4 i9505! A single point please?

performance + battery life ,

no micro sd is a weak point though

Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. LG G2: Neighbor squabble - GSMArena.com

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Hmm, great, had no idea an old phone like that has SD 800, WOW. Kudos LG. No wonder they have moved up to third largest manufacturer. Still, that phone has typically cheap build quality, well whatever.

I9505 has S600 over S800 of G2........ So G2 has better performance

S4 has advantage of having SD card slot & AMOLED display, which is a personal preference only..... I love its vivid colours

$hadow

Geek in making
32 GB is more than enough for everyone.
And for me even 8gb us fine. I stream every thing right from music to videos where as mobile are not for gaming. And along that the game I play is stick cricket be it any phone:-D

OP
varghesekiran

varghesekiran

Journeyman
Hi guys,

I need to stick on to either Moto X or Nexus 5, since these are the only phone which may provide future OS updates.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
In that case Nexus 5 I suppose, I mean if you think about future updates. Moto X is my all time favourite anyway. You have completely opted out the S4 GPE?

OP
varghesekiran

varghesekiran

Journeyman
In that case Nexus 5 I suppose, I mean if you think about future updates. Moto X is my all time favourite anyway. You have completely opted out the S4 GPE?

Yes, Not interested in Samsung TouchWiz UI and same boring models. My only concern is that does it will be a loss if I choose Nexus 5 over Moto X.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Yes, Not interested in Samsung TouchWiz UI and same boring models. My only concern is that does it will be a loss if I choose Nexus 5 over Moto X.

your question is not really appropriate

Moto X is 22k now
and nexus 5 is 27k

so 5k difference .. you can save 5k and get moto X or get nexus 5 and enjoy the better hardware and software..

after Xiaomi Mi3 launch and moto X+1, moto x will hit 20k

if you ignore the price then Nexus 5 is a little weak in camera, build quality and telephony than Moto x but it is so much better in other departments plus the Rom community and Much better CPU/GPU , after sale service really doesn't give a chance to Moto X leaving price aside

i would suggest get Lg g2 as camera , display, is much better on G2 than both moto x and Nexus 5..

you can't go wrong with neither Moto X nor Nexus 5 as they are at different prices

Last edited:
Acc. to Google's 18 month update policy, Android L should be last update of N5. It seems N4 won't get Android L officially.............. Only time will tell !!

Top Bottom