smart phone under 20k.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
hey guys!
iam looking for a good smart phone, is the i phone 3gs worth it now? its like 20900 rs. i dont mind if its android or in this case ios . a decent camera,app system, 3g, display resolution is a must.
thanks!
and unfortunately the 3gs is the only one below 20k :cry:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
It will last you a good day. Most Androids run out of juice by then.

HTC One V Review - Mobile Phones - CNET - CNET Asia

tkin

Back to school!!
HTC One V/Sony Xperia U/Sony Xperia Sola

Now, tradeoffs are:

Xperia U has the best screen(280ppi, but 3.5") and the better cam compared to OneV. also has dual core processor, but lacks sd card slot, memory limited to 4GB user accessible(8GB total)

Xperia Sola has better screen than one V, but not as good as xperia U(265ppi,3.7"), but makes up with micro sd card slot, also dual core processor, other specs(including camera) are same as xperia U. Also has floating touch technology.

One V has nothing better than Xperia U/Sola, camera quality is not as good as sola/u but good none the less, screen is 3.7" but a tad lower res(250ppi), also has single core processor but the GPU adreno 205 could be better than xperia u/sola(have to check review). Sorry for the last part, Xperia U/Sola has Mali 400 which is better than adreno 205.

My choice is Xperia Sola, has everything, dual core processor, 3.7" screen with floating touch, and everything else that one can want from a android smartphone.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
If you can spend just few extra bucks then go for Sensation for 22k(or may be less if you have a coupon).
Or if you want a phone around 16-18k then the best options for you are:
One V
Neo V
Incredible S
Even Sola is a good option.

OP
amruth kiran

amruth kiran

okay the choices are quite good. but is it worth buying the i phone 3gs now?(with the new ios 5)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
No. If you would've asked same thing last year we could've recommended. But now no. It probably wont receive the next major iOS upgrade.

OP
amruth kiran

amruth kiran

No. If you would've asked same thing last year we could've recommended. But now no. It probably wont receive the next major iOS upgrade.

well from the other post of yours in apple thread, i am going by your recommendation ( hopefully) . thanks!! :doublethumb:

frankeric

Journeyman
hey guys!
iam looking for a good smart phone, is the i phone 3gs worth it now? its like 20900 rs. i dont mind if its android or in this case ios . a decent camera,app system, 3g, display resolution is a must.
thanks!
and unfortunately the 3gs is the only one below 20k :cry:

I will suggest you lg spectrum it is a good phone and good camera running on android 2.3.