SM56 on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

saketkutta

Broken In
hello every body
i have i computer and want to install linux.my problem is not linux i can install any linux that i like but in all of the linux i cant use my modem. i want to use internet on linux and my modem is Motorola SM56 PCI Speaker Phone/Fax Modem. Plz can anybody help me installing that modem in linux esp Mandrake (above 8) FC3 or Suse.
Or u can give common help that applies to all

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
this might help . check the link by guy who made the tweak for the modem , i think that might be really helpful

*forums.pcquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=835&highlight=modem

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
See this link:

www.sm56.tk

This is for all the Sm56 users, who are searching for Linux driver for SM56 Modem. Motorola has developed the modem driver for the Redhat 7.1 Linux. But unfortunately the Driver does not support the Kernel from RedHat Linux 7.2 on Wards . From the RedHat 7.2 kernels the contains a few lines of code in the slab.c that does not allows more usage of memory.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Working with internal modems ia a pain i would strongly recommend the serious user to go for an external serial port connected modem. The internal modem is only good for windows and does not perform in linux enviorment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom