slow speed over cross cable...??? :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
i connected my laptop n pc with cross over cable and xp pro sp1 on both pcs....the connection was successful,, and i can share files....but the speed was very very slow....like for 2mb file it took 1-1.5 minutes to copy......
is this the max speed that i can get over such a connection....
plz tell me if there can b any tweak or suggestion for improvement...

krish

Journeyman
Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager. Select your LAN card and right click, then click on properties. Go to Advanced tab. Select the "Link Speed/Duplex Mode" Property and change its value from auto mode to "10Mbps Full Duplex mode". Click ok, exit and restart machine.

krish

krish

Journeyman
You are welcome! I'm not asking for much but if u wanna thank me then just click on the thanks button below my previous post. I would love to see the thanks tag to my suggestion :)

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
thanks krish, I am going to try that. I once copied around 4 gb of files from one sys to another with ftp on the same lan. took me 14 hours. I should have used this.

junkymailer

Corrugator ...
Hi.. it didnt work yaar.. i get a max of 8MB/sec with 100Mbps full duplex mode !!

Please rescue asap ...

You are welcome! I'm not asking for much but if u wanna thank me then just click on the thanks button below my previous post. I would love to see the thanks tag to my suggestion :)

help me.. i made it 100Mbps on both the machines...
i have one XP machine and other Vista ..
i get a max of 8MB/sec ... pls rescue :)

Last edited:

krish

Journeyman
Well, you have to change it to 10MBps and not 100MBps.. give it a try.. With 100MBps the speed drops a lot.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Try using IP messenger. A great tool which will speed up the transfer rate. Worth a try, only ~100KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom