Slightly Urgent need to buy a laptop.

shywhy

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I am planning to buy a new laptop within Rs.40,000/-. I can raise it by another Rs.5000.

I ended up on these two choices:
1. Lenovo Ideapad -Lenovo Z580 (59-333345) Laptop (3rd Gen Core i5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB): Flipkart.com
2. Asus K53SM -Asus K53SM-SX010D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com

1. I need advise on the display of the screen and the service of both these manufacturers in India.
2. I am also open to suggestions within my budget (Slightly urgent in buying one)

Thank you.

OP
S

shywhy

I do play games but I don't want to blow my budget. I want to have a good card within the budget.
Above all I want something which has good service in India. I don't want to have unnecessary heating issues or running around just after an year of usage.

Please do suggest if you have better laptops within my specified budget.

Also, a lot of people on TDF have suggested HP Pavilion series for budget gaming. They have also mentioned that HP has improved a lot in the recent years regarding their service.

Query:
1. HP Pavilion G6-2016TX has 3rd gen I5, 7670M card.
How is Asus K53SM, with 2nd gen I5, GT 630M card compared to this. Price difference is about Rs. 3000/-

Which one should I go for?

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Query:
1. HP Pavilion G6-2016TX has 3rd gen I5, 7670M card.
How is Asus K53SM, with 2nd gen I5, GT 630M card compared to this. Price difference is about Rs. 3000/-

Which one should I go for?

For 3000/- difference, you get win 7 + better graphics, go for it.

OP
S

shywhy

Hmm. I called up HP. They have a offer on the extended warranty. It says pay 1500 bucks and get a 2 year extension, offer valid up til 6th January (purchases before that).
They also mentioned that, 2016tx is outdated :p
They are selling 2022tx instead. Only difference is Win 8 by default and Bluetooth 4.0 and HP Cool sense defaulted. Price is Rs. 42,000.
I will go check out the model and post any other information which might be useful.

Sorry it's 2202tx - *www8.hp.com/in/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=5305628

Also, how is HP handling the heat issues now a days? I mean all these years I had a desktop, so I have very less information regarding laptops. As a result majority of my friends advised me against buying a HP lappy. Any improvement on that front from HP?

Anish9218

Journeyman
:mad: shywhy yeah 2016tx is outdated... I have local dealers in the city who still have 2016tx in stock, now can I avail that extended offer on 2016tx or its a must that I have to go for 2202tx to avail the offer? Hardly any new games run on Windows 8 and there's loads to learn about it before operating smoothly like on Windows 7.
I had gone to a HP store and they told me the offer was there on all i5 laptops and the cost was 2000 for 2 years extention warranty..:shock:

OP
S

shywhy

Yep, that is correct. It is on all i5 variants. The procedure is to courier a cheque/DD along with a couple of other documents which will be mentioned during the registration of your product on the HP website, once you purchase it. That must be done before January 26th. Then they will get back to you with the warranty :D

Also how do you know a lot of games do not run on Win 8? Right now I am playing only Dota 2, which I heard runs on Win 8.

Anish9218

Journeyman
Well Sam was the only who told me most of the games dont work on Win 8 so I thought it would be better if I go for Win 7 model - 2016tx :/ The procedure and all can be taken care by the dealer from which I'm buying it.. Its no issue..

OP
S

shywhy

Hmm!! I got the 2202tx anyway. Win 8 looks good. Dota 2 works like a charm. I tried playing Borderlands 2 too - worked well. I must check out other games though.
But there are a lot of things which need "getting used to" in Win 8. But once you get it, you will love it.

Anish9218

Journeyman
i'll be most probably going with that laptop :) hey tell me how did you get dota 2? And yeah btw.. Extend your warranty by 2 years.. There's an offer in hp going on for all i5 laptop bought recently.. The offer ends on 6th

OP
S

shywhy

Yes yes! I need get that extra warranty. You need to register your product before Jan 6th as far as I know. The last to submit your documents is Jan 26th I think.
Regarding Dota 2, I got the beta key from steam itself. I applied for the key and got it withing a month :D

Top Bottom