Showdown @ Download St.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav21r

Journeyman
Herz something...

Which download utility (yea.. not those p2p softwares) do you think is the best today?

I am currently using Download Accelerator Plus (DAP), and had been using GoZilla! DAP certainly scores higher than GoZilla!

So what do you guys think??

anandk

Distinguished Member
i prefer GETRIGHT. very cool !

a related thread : stay away from these download managers !
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26900&highlight=stay+away

OP
gaurav21r

gaurav21r

Journeyman
Well.. like many ppl in the forum i disagree that DAP is a Spyware,

Adware?? Well OK in some ways, just coz it loads the ads in its main window, but the amount of Bandwidth it uses is negligible if you are a broadband user. And even this problem is resolved if you use the premium version.

My question is this... Do you think these download managers, apart from providing us the facility to Pause and Resume downloads, actually increase the speed of our downloads?? (as they say...by 300% or so??)

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
I say DAP is one piece of crap and i am wondering how is this s/w surviving still today with version from 3 to the new version 8....I use LIGHTNING DOWNLOAD and some times IDM....Both are equally good

prasad_den

Padawan
I don't use any download manager right now. I'm content with Opera's download tool. But I had used DAP recently, and all it did was to screw up my entire system. Immediately after installation I started getting odd error messages and ultimately all shortcut links went missing. Had to settle with a XP reinstall. So, if I'm planning to use a DL manager, it definitely wouldn't be DAP.....

sakumar79

Technomancer
I too use Opera's Integrated Download Manager.... Though it is primitive without giving any "boost" to the download by downloading multiple parts simultaneously, I prefer to use it because downloading files is very rare for me and I would rather not have a DM loaded in memory scanning for hyperlinks to file downloads...

Earlier, I used to use DMs when I did not have a good broadband connection... Among the ones that I have used, I was impressed with FreshDownload and Star Downloader...

Arun

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
DownThemAll extension for FireFox does a decent job, but hogs up bandwith. However, speeds are awsome!

Status
Not open for further replies.