Should I RMA my Mobo?

napsterv

Journeyman
Okay,
So for a month I was using my 4x2GB ram sticks in single channel mode.

Today, I opened up my case for cleaning and switched the RAMs to Dual Channel mode.

DDR3_1 & DDR3_2(Both Gray in color)

The PC boots up for 10 seconds, Shut downs, again boots up and is stuck in a reboot loop.(Nothing on the display).

So I changed to DDR3_3 & DDR3_4.(Both Black in Color)

Again a reboot loop.

So I changed to 3&1(Single Channel)

Bloody Hell again a reboot loop.

The only thing that seems to be working is DDR3_4&DDR3_2(Single Channel)

Any advice?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
If the RAM slots are not working then is a physical issue not a software or a BIOS issue.Even though if you update to the latest BIOS it might not work properly.Better to RMA it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Remont the cpu. Also make sure there's no bent cpu socket pin on the motherboard.

OP
N

napsterv

Journeyman
If the RAM slots are not working then is a physical issue not a software or a BIOS issue.Even though if you update to the latest BIOS it might not work properly.Better to RMA it.

You're right. That's what I'm concluding now.

Remont the cpu. Also make sure there's no bent cpu socket pin on the motherboard.

Yeah lol. I read that on Tom's Hardware and Gigabyte forums. Strange but no, no bent pins. Also it's only a month old and the only time I put my CPU was first assembling which was very very gentle. So I ruled out the bent pins possibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got off the phone with Tech Support guy. Told me to go to SC with CPU,RAM and Mobo. The thing is...........How do I trust them with 40K worth of Hardware!!!!:shock::shock::cry:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Check if there is issue with PSU and bent pins.Don't worry about any SC they will take it for warranty if the MB is not burnt.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're right. That's what I'm concluding now.

Yeah lol. I read that on Tom's Hardware and Gigabyte forums. Strange but no, no bent pins. Also it's only a month old and the only time I put my CPU was first assembling which was very very gentle. So I ruled out the bent pins possibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got off the phone with Tech Support guy. Told me to go to SC with CPU,RAM and Mobo. The thing is...........How do I trust them with 40K worth of Hardware!!!!:shock::shock::cry:

You can't but you have to if there's no other alternative. Same happened with me so I know the anxiety.

OP
N

napsterv

Journeyman
You can't but you have to if there's no other alternative. Same happened with me so I know the anxiety.

Just got back my Mobo today. Working fine. The guys over at Accel seem to be knowledgeable as he demonstrated a dual channel POST after receiving my Mobo. Happy!

*i.imgur.com/EvUyZDO.png

Top Bottom