Should i invest in a quad core phone.

Aakarshan

In the zone
hi folks, i was going to buy a phone but i need a suggestion that i should invest in a quad core phone or not.
as market is changing quad core to octa core phones. i was going to buy sony xperia sp because my budget was 18k.but i need to know that i should spend more to buy a quad core phone.In future(1-2 years) we will need quad core phone as apps are going to eat more power. so i was inclined towards xperia z or zl something.so, should i buy a quad core phone or not for next 3-4 years. or should i wait for one more year as for more quad core phones to come as budget is also in concern.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Getting phones with multi core CPUs would be a waste since there are hardly any apps that truly utilize all of the extra cores. The number of core is just a buzz word that that companies use to market the phones.

Therefore, even if you buy an octa core, most of the cores would not be used most of the time.

PS : Octa core on phone? There isn't even an octa-core CPU for laptops yet.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
dual core krait>>quad core mediatek and cortex a7
quad core krait>>octa core mediatek

PS: even quad core kraits won't matter that much. i haven't came across apps which use all those 4 cores simultaneously, apart from benchmarking apps.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
its the quality of cores that matters..

get SP .. instead of getting octa core try getting 2 gb ram with quad core kraits xperia Z/Zl ..

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Xperia ZR is also a great option & is cheaper than Z/ZL.......

As others said, dual core krait of SP >> quad core A7 found in most micromax, xolo phones
For 20k, SP is great choice

OP
A

Aakarshan

In the zone
i know that mediatek quad cores are less powerful than snapdragon dual core kraits.but i want to know that should i buy a good quad core cpu or not.
i want to know that apps in future (games like modern combat 6,7 and nova 4) will use more power of cores or not.and adreno 320 is enough.