Should I go for these HP Digital Cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Romil

Broken In
Anybody tried HP Digital cameras? I've a friend and he gave me following prices a per a corporate discount:

a) PS 435 : 3.14 MP , 5x digital zoom , 1.5 " LCD
screen , 16MB internal memory, fixed focus, wt = 140 gm ( w/o battery ) --- 4500 + taxes ( Limited stocks )

b) PS 635 : 2.1 MP , 3x optical and 4x digital zoom 1.6 " LCD screen , 16MB internal memory, auto focus, wt = 186 gm (w/o battery ) --- 5100 + taxes

c) PS M307 : 3.2 MP, 3x optical and 5x optical zoom, 1.8 " LCD screen , 16MB internal memory , auto focus , wt = 150 gm (w/o battery ) --- 6150 + tax.

d) PS R607 -- 4.1 MP, 3x optical and 7x digital zoom, 1.5" LCD screen, 32MB internal memory, wt = 140 gm ( w/o battery ) --- 8000 + taxes

e) R707 -- 5.1 MP, 3x optical and 8x digical zoom, 1.5" LCD, 32MB internal memory, wt = 180 gm ( w/o battery ) --- 10,050 + taxes

We also have accessories like :

a) camera bag : 200 + taxes
b) 128MB SD card : 1200 + taxes
c) Tripod stand : 625 + taxes

Was planning to buy a Canon A series from US, but my big bro forgot while coming.

So, for the time being I'm planning for a budget camera which can be utilized as web cam with satisfactory resolution and foto quality. Should I go for HP ones at the price furnished?

Thanks for your inputs. 8)

tuxfan

Technomancer
In DigiCams, Nikon and Canon are the best. I wouldn't trust a HP. Go for Nikon. I am using it and its great :) A friend recently bought a Nikon Coolpix 5200 for about 13000 plus a 1GB memory card for 4000.

Whichever DigiCam you take, you will have to take a memory card as internal memory is never enough. I will also suggest you take a memory card reader to avoid connecting your DigiCam to PC. That will save batteries while transferring pics and then you can also use your memory card like a memory stick to transfer files ;)

OP
R

~Romil

Broken In
Yeah, I know HP is not at par with others, but it is the one time bargain I'm getting buggin' me most. Are you guys sure I should leave this offer for Rs. 6200/- (US $137):

*h50025.www5.hp.com/HPCOM/images/phsmartM307_c00123716_b.gif

HP Photosmart m307 digital camera - 3.21 MP effective resolution; 36-bit colour depth; 15x (3x optical, 5x digital) zoom; f2.9 to f4.9 (wide), f4.8 to f8.0 (telephoto) aperture; 2 to 1/2000 sec shutter speed; 1.8" diagonal display size LCD
Source: HP India

tuxfan

Technomancer
Why do they care to give you a bargain? Are they running a public charitable institution? Nope. They are out to grab some profit. They are giving you a bargain because they are trying to create some customer and a market for their product. They are not doing any favour to you. Right?

I will strongly feel that you go for Nikon or Canon. Why not take a look at some photography shops. Go to those that not only sell DigiCams but also conventional ones. Hear their opinions on products and then decide. Here in Mumbai, we have a lane near VT (Victoria Terminus, now CST, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus) where there are lots of shops. I have inquired there and so far not a single peson has recommended me HP DigiCam :roll:

After I took a Nikon Coolpix 5200, 2 more friends took the same model. One of them took it just because I said its good and the other one took it after a month of inquiry at various places. All 3 of us are happy with the product. Any guesses why? ;)

devilhead_satish

In the zone
HP cant hold a candle to Nikon and Canon when it comes to quality in pics. Even the Kodak ones are good. So you'd rather give the HP one a miss.

quad master

In the zone
Since this is a good discussion on Dcams i would also like to ask my doubt.

I am looking for a dcam with following features.
- 4 to 5 MegaPixel.
- Auto and Manual Handling.
- Unlimited Video Recording in Day & Night with Audio at 640x480 Resol.
- Also unlimited audio recording.

Unlimited is limited by the free space on the memory card.
also let me know the video format in which video is captured.

Suggest me a good one and also let me know the cost Please

tuxfan

Technomancer
4-5 MP - Nikon Coolpix 5200
Anto and Manual Handling - Nikon Coolpix 5200
Unltd. Video with audio at 640x480 - Nikon Coolpix 5200

Unlimited audio recording - may be Nikon Coolpix 5200. I am not sure. But it lets you record sound clips with each pic.

So the one that I have suffices all your needs. ;) Additionally, recently it was out of stock here in Mumbai because all the pieces were sold out. So its a popular model. Now its available again. So it shows that there is a demand for it and traders ordered new pieces :D

It is available here in grey market for about Rs. 13000. Memory card is separate. But don't take anything less than 1 GB. That costs 4000

quad master

In the zone
Thanks a lot tuxfan

some moths ago i had set my eye on Nikon Coolpix 3700 it provided
me with all that i wanted and was sure to get it but now i wanted more
megapixel the coolpix was 3.2MP today also i was thinking of getting it.

Thanks for informing me of the Coolpix 5200 nikon is really the best for
me when it comes to cameras.

Switch

Broken In
Skip Nikon Go For Canon

If i were you i would give the Nikon 5200 a miss and buy a Canon PS A510 or Canon PS A85. If budget is not a constrainst than A95. Why cause Nikon has no manual controls as compared to Canon.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I too have seen a Nikon cool pix 5200. Its the perfect thing to have. Dont wast money on HP and stuff I suggest save a bit more and buy the nikon its too good for the price it comes for.

tuxfan

Technomancer
switch said:
Why cause Nikon has no manual controls as compared to Canon.

What are you saying? What manual controls are you talking about? Can you please specify?

quad master said:
Does the coolpix 5200 have a av cable so that i can watch the images and videos on the camera directlyon the tv screen.

Ahh!! Here's one more reason to go for Coolpix 5200. It does come with a cable so that you can directly view your movies in TV ;) But I don't know if you can watch the images on TV. I have never tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom