Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

President Bush ducks as the shoes are thrown

A surprise visit by US President George Bush to Iraq has been overshadowed by an incident in which two shoes were thrown at him during a news conference.

An Iraqi journalist was wrestled to the floor by security guards after he called Mr Bush "a dog" and threw his footwear, just missing the president.

The soles of shoes are considered the ultimate insult in Arab culture.

During the trip, Mr Bush and Iraqi PM Nouri Maliki signed the new security agreement between their countries.

The pact calls for US troops to leave Iraq in 2011 - eight years after the 2003 invasion that has in part defined the Bush presidency.

Speaking just over five weeks before he hands over power to Barack Obama, Mr Bush also said the war in Iraq was not over and more work remained to be done.

His previously unannounced visit came a day after US Defence Secretary Robert Gates told US troops the Iraq mission was in its "endgame".

Watch the video here *news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7782422.stm

youtube link : - *in.youtube.com/watch?v=QPGcP8KDXYw
:lol:

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
A picture is more than thousand words.Can't say anything but that it was coming and deserved.
*english.aljazeera.net/mritems/Images//2008/12/14/20081214202120924734_5.jpg

*s.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2008/12/14/13/db39b7add9df01d3792290902702f434_3.jpg

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
^^ Maybe he practiced a lot before the final throw. :D

"It's a sign of a free society." This is how US President George W Bush described the "humiliating" incident in which a Iraqi journalist threw two shoes at him in Baghdad.

Bush said he has seen a lot of weird things during his eight-year-long Presidency and that he would term the latest incident as "one of the weirdest".

The scribe threw two shoes at the President -- one after another -- during a news conference with Iraq Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki on Sunday.

"And it was amusing. I mean, I've seen a lot of weird things during my presidency and this may rank up there as one of the weirdest. So this happens and it's a sign of a free society," Bush said.

"But I'm not insulted. I don't hold it against the government. I don't think the Iraqi press corps as a whole is terrible. And so, the guy wanted to get on TV and he did. I don't know what his beef is. But whatever it is I'm sure somebody will hear it," the US President told ABC channel in Iraq.......

ROFL

Source

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
lol...happy feet :D
Must have planned and practiced it before.

Thats why you were free to fcuk up free society and cause atrocious crimes.

nix

^^do you think iraq was free before bush?? . i think you fail to realise the atrocities that saddam commited. the iraq war was bad for america. but it was good for iraqis. they are free. they ought to be grateful. and coming to atrocities...every countries does them. did you forget our big neighbour??

the guy who threw the shoe is an idiot. do you guys know how bad saddam was? how he executed 1000's of ppl with chemical weapons??. bush is doing a favor for iraq by freeing them from the clutches of a dictator.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^it was an overkill.

Do you know how many innocent people suffered and women got raped by soldiers ?
Why does US has to poke its fingers everywhere ?

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
2nd pic reminds me of snatch.....
"....you put on a stupid face....and your life doesn't flash before your eyes, cause your too ****in' scared to think.....:

Turkish: Have you ever crossed the road, and looked the wrong way? A car's nearly on you? So what do you do? Something very silly. You freeze. Your life doesn't flash before you, 'cause you're too ****in' scared to think - you just freeze and pull a stupid face. But the pikey didn't. Why? Because he had plans of running the car over.

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Update:
*news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7783608.stm

Thousands of Iraqis have demanded the release of a local TV reporter who threw his shoes at US President George W Bush at a Baghdad news conference.

Crowds gathered in Baghdad's Sadr City district, calling for "hero" Muntadar al-Zaidi to be freed from custody.

Officials at the Iraqi-owned TV station, al-Baghdadiya, called for the release of their journalist, saying he was exercising freedom of expression.

Iraqi officials have described the incident as shameful.

Read On........

nix

^^it was an overkill.

Do you know how many innocent people suffered and women got raped by soldiers ?
Why does US has to poke its fingers everywhere ?

well those are isolated cases. ppl tend to magnify some things. and those who do that are brought to justice. its a highly disciplined and organized army.

regarding US "poke its fingers", let me ask you, if you see human rights abuses happening anywhere, will you just stand and watch?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Hope he's released. By the way, the US pokes it's nose only where there's oil, else they would have ousted Robert Mugabe long back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom